2017 Yankees Thread | Page 138 | Syracusefan.com

2017 Yankees Thread

He’s back because he’s been:

-against the Arod 2nd signing.
-against the Jeter last contract
-against the CC extension
-against DLsbury signing

Was overruled on all...and proven right on all.

He’s also getting credit for all the young talent both on the roster and in the minors.

Long period of time where NYY farm system was bereft of talent during his reign. An awful lot of cash at his disposal that didn't get much of a return on investment.

Not sure he was completely right on the CC extension. He was by far their best starter down the stretch and had a very good 2H. Yanks were handcuffed on Jeter, not much they could do there. Maybe he was against some of those signings but there were plenty of other doozies that he probably owns- Youk, Kei Igawa, AJ BUrnett, Jose Contreras, Carl Pavano, to name a few.

A lot of those salaries Cash was against...ownership pushed it. Cash was behind all the trades that stocked the farm system.

May be apples and oranges but this kind of reminds me of the Philadelphia Eagles' dynamic over the last few years. Every good or bad pick would have either Howie Roseman (GM) or Chip Kelly taking credit or passing blame for it. Hard to truthfully know who should get credit or blame for all of these moves. And I don't necessarily believe the media's take on it either.

Yes.

His name has been thrown around for a few months whenever this subject comes up.

Guess he’s a new age analytical guy who will be basically a puppet in the dugout.

With emphasis on the word puppet.

One thing I'll miss about Girardi - the guy could make a functional bullpen.

May be apples and oranges but this kind of reminds me of the Philadelphia Eagles' dynamic over the last few years. Every good or bad pick would have either Howie Roseman (GM) or Chip Kelly taking credit or passing blame for it. Hard to truthfully know who should get credit or blame for all of these moves. And I don't necessarily believe the media's take on it either.

Cash has been pretty outspoken on the deals he was not involved with (prior to them becoming bad), and has owned up to the ones that turned out to be crap.

Cash has been pretty outspoken on the deals he was not involved with (prior to them becoming bad), and has owned up to the ones that turned out to be crap.

And no one in ownership disputes it when he’s outspoken.

They finally gave him the directive he wanted. Stay good but get younger, get cheaper, build up the farm system. I’d say he’s exceeding his boss’ expectations. And that’s who is offering up the extension.

I wonder how much the issue of $$$ was a factor in JG's firing.

I wonder how much the issue of $$$ was a factor in JG's firing.
I bet it wasn't an issue. I think Cashman wants the team run one way, and JG wanted it run the way it was always run.

Sheffield dominates in AFL
Yankees prospect Justus Sheffield struck out six over five scoreless innings to lead the Scottsdale Scorpions to a win in Arizona Fall League action Saturday. Fellow New York farmhand Billy McKinney led the way on offense, going 2-for-5 with four RBIs from the top spot in the lineup.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom