2017 Yankees Thread | Page 57 | Syracusefan.com

2017 Yankees Thread

I watched one of the Yanks-Dead Sux games the other night and one of the Yankee fans in the stands had on the blue NY t-shirt with "00 Costanza" on the back.

Considering I am a Yankee hater, George is my all time fav yankee.

after spring training there was a rumor (i believe started by Evan and Joe and attributed to the incomparable Suzyn Waldman) that Clint asked for #7...and all the idiots in the baseball world lost their minds.

Cashman had to come on Mike and tell everyone it didn't happen.
David Wells is a big Babe Ruth fan and wanted to wear 3 when he was traded to the Yankees but of course that was unavailable so he wore 33. He owns a lot of Babe Ruth memorabilia and one time started a game wearing a vintage Yankee cap that the Babe once wore but Torre made him take if off after the first inning because it wasn't official issue or something like that. Oh yeah, his wife calls him "Babe".
That's all I got.

Starting to think that the acquisition of Robertson and Kahnle might make Betances dispensable. I'm thinking they may do the same thing they did last year with Miller and Chapman and trade him for upper level prospects.

Starting to think that the acquisition of Robertson and Kahnle might make Betances dispensable. I'm thinking they may do the same thing they did last year with Miller and Chapman and trade him for upper level prospects.
that was Francesa's take this afternoon after the game as well.

said they have some animosity from the arbitration, they are worried about him and his focus, wonder if hes just a 8th inning guy and when guys are on base, he sometimes becomes ed whitson (my term).

hed be a big chip to get a top end starter.

7 Kahnle
8 DRob
9 Chapman

with Warren & Green working the 5th & 6th.

Is it too late to trade Chapman for Andrew Miller? Mostly serious about that. Hell, I'd even take Osuna straight across ...

Is it too late to trade Chapman for Andrew Miller? Mostly serious about that. Hell, I'd even take Osuna straight across ...

Id take Miller in a heartbeat, Chapman has been awful this yesr, hes not the same pitcher. The Nats are desperate enough maybe we could trade them Chapman.

It's nice to see the spirit of Cali living on after every bad performance or slump.

We need someone to be calling for Chance Adams to be called up. I think Cali would have been on him since Spring Training.

Speaking of...I guess they aren't going to call him up until at least Sept...Would love to see him given a chance to see what he can do, probably has something to do with service time is the reason they are holding back on giving him a ticket on the SWB-NYY Express.

Also, on a good note...DB pitched an inning last night without walking anyone...PROGRESS!!

Meanwhile, it appears that Severino is gradually moving into the ace role and contending for Day 1 SP next season...

Rumor Central: Yankees still open to trade for first baseman

Marly Rivera ESPN Writer
Luis Severino told me right after the All-Star Break that he hadn't realized how much he welcomed the rest; pitching like a true ace his last two outings. He's allowed only 1ER over 14 innings vs Red Sox and Mariners, where he had to face off against none other than Chris Sale and Félix Hernández.
reminds me of Mussina who got Pedro, Halladay and Johan Santana for like 9 of his starts every year.

It's nice to see the spirit of Cali living on after every bad performance or slump.

Speaking of...I guess they aren't going to call him up until at least Sept...Would love to see him given a chance to see what he can do, probably has something to do with service time is the reason they are holding back on giving him a ticket on the SWB-NYY Express.

Also, on a good note...DB pitched an inning last night without walking anyone...PROGRESS!!

Meanwhile, it appears that Severino is gradually moving into the ace role and contending for Day 1 SP next season...
Kaprielian?:noidea: Or at least the pre-surgery version of him?

Damn, but it's good to see Robertson back in a Yankee uniform. I don't know for certain but I think he learned how to be a pitcher (up from a thrower) during his first stint in NY. Especially after working with Rivera. Hopefully he can help the two other big throwers in the NYY 'pen learn how to be pitchers also.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom