2017 Yankees Thread | Page 59 | Syracusefan.com

2017 Yankees Thread

The Red Sox are not a frugal organization, but committing $295 million (that includes the $10 million buyout in 2028, but not whatever he is owed for the rest of this year) plus a prospect, feels pretty reckless for any team. Stanton has only played two complete seasons in his career and he isn't even the Marlins' best outfielder this year.
I wish the Yankees could take the rest of that Price contract off of the Sox' hands.

I wish the Yankees could take the rest of that Price contract off of the Sox' hands.
Yeah, I'd take him in a heartbeat. He'd do very well pitching in Yankee Stadium against teams other than the Yankees.

Yeah, I'd take him in a heartbeat. He'd do very well pitching in Yankee Stadium against teams other than the Yankees.

No way, that contract is going to be an albatross in a year or two, he's already lost a step from what he was a few years ago. Yankees would be insane to take that contract on (if it was feasible).

No way, that contract is going to be an albatross in a year or two, he's already lost a step from what he was a few years ago. Yankees would be insane to take that contract on (if it was feasible).

By which time he'll be what, 1-15 in playoff action?

By which time he'll be what, 1-15 in playoff action?
Price is 2-8 with 5.54 ERA in the postseason. Kershaw is 4-7 with 4.55 ERA. Guess you guys wouldn't want either one on your team.

Price is 2-8 with 5.54 ERA in the postseason. Kershaw is 4-7 with 4.55 ERA. Guess you guys wouldn't want either one on your team.

I was being sarcastic. I'd take Kershaw in the blink of an eye, just like almost everyone else would. But as an America League fan, I've seen enough of Price (a lot more than I have of CK) and his inability to deliver in the post-season.

Price would self-destruct in NY as the media would be relentless and brutal...wouldn't take him if the sux gave him away for nothing...

The problem with the sux is they don't have a leader now that Big Papi is gone...

Price would self-destruct in NY as the media would be relentless and brutal...wouldn't take him if the sux gave him away for nothing...

The problem with the sux is they don't have a leader now that Big Papi is gone...
I prefer him to Jordan Montgomery and Caleb Smith. I don't care with what former players or media members he wants to feud. The Yankees are going to need to acquire a starting pitcher or two in the upcoming years and there are no guarantees that those options will be better than Price. I would like him to pick up the pace though.

I'm in the minority for sure, but I think he'd be fine in NY.
I was being sarcastic. I'd take Kershaw in the blink of an eye, just like almost everyone else would. But as an America League fan, I've seen enough of Price (a lot more than I have of CK) and his inability to deliver in the post-season.
I was being sarcastic, too. I've seen both of them stink it up plenty in the postseason, but we're dealing with small samples in the end. Willie Mays hit under .250 in 89 postseason at bats with one home run.

Last edited:
I'm in the minority for sure, but I think he'd be fine in NY.

I was being sarcastic, too. I've seen both of them stink it up plenty in the postseason, but we're dealing with small samples in the end. Willie Mays hit under .250 in 89 postseason at bats with one home run.

Randy Johnson says hi...

(INSIDER) Which big contract could the Yankees take on to trade Jacoby Ellsbury?

Yankees need Tanaka, Chapman to pitch like they're paid

(INSIDER) Separating contenders from pretenders in the pack

---------------------------------------------------

Deadline Chatter: Darvish, Gray, Neshek, Cabrera, Marlins

"...the Yankees will probably look to see if there’s a taker for outfielder Jacoby Ellsburgy this winter, Feinsand tweets."

AL East Notes: Devers, Cozart, Blue Jays, Ellsbury

"With Jacoby Ellsbury looking like an expendable part on the Yankees roster, ESPN’s Buster Olney (subscription required) looks at some of the potential large contracts New York could take on as a way of facilitating a trade for the outfielder, who is owed roughly $75MM between now and the end of the 2020 season. Olney’s names (all speculative) range from other unfavorable contracts like Jordan Zimmermann to more valuable assets like Giancarlo Stanton, though obviously much more than just Ellsbury would need to be included in a Stanton trade. Ellsbury has full control over his future via a no-trade clause, though Olney wonders if the outfielder would accept a deal to a team that could offer more playing time if Ellsbury becomes the odd man out in the Yankee outfield."

Latest On Yankees' Search For Starting Pitching

The Trade Rumors article says: "The Yankees “probably” won’t move righty James Kaprielian." I didn't think you could trade injured players anyway. Does that rule only apply to players on the 40-man roster?

Andrew Marchand ESPN Senior Writer
When asked on what team A's starter Sonny Gray will be on a week from today, an MLB executive said, "Not Oakland." Will he be in the Bronx? The A's continue to send top scouts to the Yankees' Double-A affiliate in Trenton. The way the A's Billy Beane usually works is he tells teams who he is looking for as the central figure in a trade and then works his way down from there. Since there is not much pitching on the market, Beane is aiming high. Gray has two years of control so he is expected to cost teams prime prospects. The Yankees are very deep at shortstop. At Double-A, Jorge Mateo has played very well recently.

Sources: Rangers ready to move ace Darvish

It could be home sweet home for Aaron Judge and Todd Frazier

Florial.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors