2017 Yankees Thread | Page 62 | Syracusefan.com

2017 Yankees Thread

Only with the Yankees could a broken tooth be the top story on espn.com

Haven't seen it yet...did it widen The Gap?

Apparently Judge will always be a part of Yankee Stadium:

"Well after midnight, Eddie Fastook, the Yankees' head of security, emerged from the locker room and appeared to be searching for the chipped tooth around home plate. Fastook never reached down. The tooth has yet to be located."

Last edited:

All I can say is that I believe Cashman is smart enough to give in to that ridiculous demand...In my opinion there are maybe 4 or 5 SPs that would be worth that...and Gray is not one of them. At best he projects to be a #2 SP if traded to the Yankees...

Chapman looked good...and despite giving up 2 hits, but especially no walks, Betances looked good.

Had to watch the Rays broadcast, their commentators in the 8th/9th, were talking about how good the Yankees bullpen is and that they weren't giving up any runs said something like that is all well good but does nothing when you are already losing when you get to that bullpen...They didn't say much when the game was tied and then after the walkoff...karma sucks for them...

Sonny Gray Trade Rumors: Thursday

Heyman's Latest

If the Cardinals ultimately make Lance Lynn available, the Yankees would have interest in the right-hander, though Sonny Gray remains New York’s top target. Lynn is a free agent at season’s end, and as such wouldn’t help fill any of the upcoming voids in the Yankees’ rotation after the 2017 season.

Real or not? Bullpen means Yankees will win AL East, Darvish on the block

ESPN Stats and Information
The Yankees have now won 5 games this season in which they trailed after 8 innings, tied for most in the AL (Rays). The Rays have lost 32 games this season in which they led, most in the AL.

Had to watch the Rays broadcast, their commentators in the 8th/9th, were talking about how good the Yankees bullpen is and that they weren't giving up any runs said something like that is all well good but does nothing when you are already losing when you get to that bullpen...They didn't say much when the game was tied and then after the walkoff...karma sucks for them...
It worked out last night, but they weren't wrong.

Didn't say they were wrong...
regardless, my heart goes out to you.

listening to national announcers do a Yankee game is painful enough, listening to the opponents announcers do it...is cruel and unusual punishment.

regardless, my heart goes out to you.

listening to national announcers do a Yankee game is painful enough, listening to the opponents announcers do it...is cruel and unusual punishment.

Rays aren't too bad...since I am in their market, everything is blacked out and I have to watch the regional station(s) for Yankees when they play the Rays. They just learned it was a bit pre-mature to make a comment like that...maybe next time they will wait until the game is over.

Rays aren't too bad...since I am in their market, everything is blacked out and I have to watch the regional station(s) for Yankees when they play the Rays. They just learned it was a bit pre-mature to make a comment like that...maybe next time they will wait until the game is over.
out of curiosity, who does the devil ray games??

As I said earlier in the week that Price contract is going to be a disaster. Unlike last time the Sox arent going to be able to get the Dodgers to bail them out either.

BTW...they are no longer the Devil Rays...they are just the Rays and have moved away from the fish (devil ray) as their symbol...now their symbol is a "sunburst"...

Tampa Bay Rays - Wikipedia

Time to shine: Rays introduce new name, new icon, new team colors and new uniforms
nonsense.

Devil Rays.

interesting on Staats, I remember him during the Stump Merrill and early Buck era's.

I think he called Jim Abbott's no-no.

the full answer I was looking for, was Brian Anderson.

hes the ex-jock color.

C Frazier, that bat is so quick. Hope he stays up.

Tanaka looking good. I can talk about it now because he just gave up a hit. Yanks need him so badly.
Agree. Btw. I was in the car and sterling was already talking about it after 3

nonsense.

Devil Rays.

interesting on Staats, I remember him during the Stump Merrill and early Buck era's.

I think he called Jim Abbott's no-no.

the full answer I was looking for, was Brian Anderson.

hes the ex-jock color.

Staats and Tony Kubek used to do the games on MSG. That was back around 1989 when my hometown first offered MSG as an option. Went from watching 1-2 PIX games per week to every game. It was glorious.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom