2017 Yankees Thread | Page 60 | Syracusefan.com

2017 Yankees Thread

Yankees "Making Progress" On Deal Involving Gray, Alonso

Injury News: Strasburg, Kershaw, Bour, Yankees, Kipnis

While both Aaron Hicks and Tyler Austin are progressing in their rehab from their respective oblique and hamstring strains, it doesn’t sound as if either is on the verge of a minor league rehab assignment just yet. MLB.com’s Bryan Hoch tweets that both are hitting off a tee and playing soft toss, per Yankees manager Joe Girardi. Each has been out since late June, and Girardi told reporters that they’re both at about the same spot in their recovery process, though he declined a specific timetable for either player’s return.

(INSIDER) Olney: Trade Sonny Gray to Yankees, as time is right for big markets to get their ace

Winners? Losers? At baseball's bonkers trade deadline, nobody really knows

(INSIDER) Law: Midseason farm systems update

NunEEEEEE!!

He is a nice addition for the Red Sox. I won't pretend to know anything about the guys the Red Sox gave up, but since they are in "win now" mode, it probably makes sense.

Now I wish the Yankees just let them have Frazier. ;)

He is a nice addition for the Red Sox. I won't pretend to know anything about the guys the Red Sox gave up, but since they are in "win now" mode, it probably makes sense.

Now I wish the Yankees just let them have Frazier. ;)
My recollection of him as a Yankee is decent right handed bat which probably translates well at Fenway, adequate but not great infielder and good speed but not a great baserunner with several bonehead plays on the bases.

Last edited:
I hate when robot Joe has his game pre-scripted in the binder. Chicago guy whose name I can't spell only threw four pitches to close out the 7th. Why not let him pitch the 8th and save Betances for another day? He's got four guys with closer stuff and the Yankees have the most games remaining of any team in the league. You can mix and match without burning Betances out...again.

I hate when robot Joe has his game pre-scripted in the binder. Chicago guy whose name I can't spell only threw four pitches to close out the 7th. Why not let him pitch the 8th and save Betances for another day? He's got four guys with closer stuff and the Yankees have the most games remaining of any team in the league. You can mix and match without burning Betances out...again.
Agreed. Michael Kay was going on about this last night. Why does everyone have to have a "pre-determined role"?One counter argument brought up last night on tv was players can get into a stretching and warmup routine better this way.

Agreed. Michael Kay was going on about this last night. Why does everyone have to have a "pre-determined role"?One counter argument brought up last night on tv was players can get into a stretching and warmup routine better this way.
Well if Michael Kay questions it, I'm all ears.

we just don't want to burn out Kahnle, Robertston, Green & Warren...

Rumor Central: Yankees interested in Justin Wilson?

If the Yankees are for real, they'd better beat the Rays

Latest On Sonny Gray

Trade Chatter: Gray, Blue Jays, Twins, Red Sox, Reed

There’s a belief among teams that most clubs have let the Athletics know which piece or pieces they’re comfortable parting with as headliners in a potential Sonny Gray trade, reports Joel Sherman of the New York Post. Interested parties feel that one club will eventually separate itself before Gray’s scheduled start on Sunday, Sherman continues, adding that the current belief is that the Yankees have offered the best package thus far. MLB.com’s Mark Feinsand reported yesterday that the Yankees were “making progress” in negotiations with the Athletics and added that New York has also discussed Yonder Alonso in those talks.

The Yankees might not end up acquiring one of the "big guns" (e.g., Gray, Darvish, Verlander), but at the very least I think Cashman will grab a fifth starter. I can't see them being content to send out Smith-Cessa-Mitchell every fifth day.

The Yankees might not end up acquiring one of the "big guns" (e.g., Gray, Darvish, Verlander), but at the very least I think Cashman will grab a fifth starter. I can't see them being content to send out Smith-Cessa-Mitchell every fifth day.
Particularly since a division title is a realistic possibility.

absolutely, hes bringing in an adult to pitch.

id like Gray, not sold on Alonso if hes in the package...im (braces and ducks) a Headley fan.

id like Gray, not sold on Alonso if hes in the package...im (braces and ducks) a Headley fan.

Alonso, at age 30, is doing things he's never done before, and is starting to cool off. That worries me. Get Gray, but don't give up anything more than you have to. Frazier/Headley will work out fine given all the other parts.

Justin Wilson Trade Rumors: Thursday

The Yankees have joined the pursuit of Tigers lefty Justin Wilson, reports Anthony Fenech of the Detroit Free Press. It was New York that traded Wilson to the Tigers in the first place (for righties Chad Green and Luis Cessa), and while the Yanks have already beefed up their ’pen with the additions of David Robertson and Tommy Kahnle, they appear further interested in adding a shutdown lefty. The Tigers, though, are aiming extremely high in talks for Wilson, with Fenech suggesting that they’re seeking an Aroldis Chapman -esque return for Wilson. While the 29-year-old Wilson is earning a bargain $2.7MM salary and can be controlled through 2018 via arbitration, that’s still a sky-high ask. The Cubs sent Gleyber Torres, Billy McKinney, Adam Warren and Rashad Crawford to New York in exchange for Chapman last summer.

Justin Wilson Trade Rumors: Thursday

The Yankees have joined the pursuit of Tigers lefty Justin Wilson, reports Anthony Fenech of the Detroit Free Press. It was New York that traded Wilson to the Tigers in the first place (for righties Chad Green and Luis Cessa), and while the Yanks have already beefed up their ’pen with the additions of David Robertson and Tommy Kahnle, they appear further interested in adding a shutdown lefty. The Tigers, though, are aiming extremely high in talks for Wilson, with Fenech suggesting that they’re seeking an Aroldis Chapman -esque return for Wilson. While the 29-year-old Wilson is earning a bargain $2.7MM salary and can be controlled through 2018 via arbitration, that’s still a sky-high ask. The Cubs sent Gleyber Torres, Billy McKinney, Adam Warren and Rashad Crawford to New York in exchange for Chapman last summer.
I don't get the desire for Wilson at all.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom