2017 Yankees Thread | Page 68 | Syracusefan.com

2017 Yankees Thread

simple answer.

not only is metstown, but the redsuxnation itself...all fall under the YankeeUniverse umbrella.
I spent this past weekend in NYC, went to the game Saturday, great time! I think all weekend, including Time Square, I saw two people with Mets hats on, no exaggeration. Countless number of Yankee fans.

Well let's talk about the mets and their moves for their play off run...oh wait...my bad...

Love it when mets fans start to get little brother syndrome...

I don't even know what the Mets have to do with this, I will be the first to admit that when the Yankees won their 4 titles in the 90's and 2000, I had little brother syndrome, but that has passed. The Mets were in the world series two years ago, and its not like the Yankees are winning a world series.

CC Tonight
Tanaka Wednesday

The newbies will pitch against Cleveland.
todays Post said Gray on Thursday and Garcia takes Monty's spot on Friday.

did he clear that with Clint and The Judge??

thought they were keeping all the high double #s for the OFs...

There's always 66, 88, and 00.

66 seems more like a catcher's #.

There's always 66, 88, and 00.

66 seems more like a catcher's #.
I like the idea of doubling up the retired numbers based on position. Sanchez could be 88 for instance (only because 1515 would look ridiculous) An outfield of 55, 77 and 99 would be great.

I spent this past weekend in NYC, went to the game Saturday, great time! I think all weekend, including Time Square, I saw two people with Mets hats on, no exaggeration. Countless number of Yankee fans.

Outside of the true fans, a lot of casual fans are band wagoners, especially in New York. Two years ago, Mets paraphernalia was everyone. You had to look hard to find the Yankees section in most sporting goods stores. Now, with the Yankees playing well and all the Judge hype going on, the opposite is true. Also, the Yankee brand is global. Yankee hats are sold in many other countries even though a lot of the people who buy the hat have no idea what the Yankees are. You can easily find a Yankee hat in Asia or Europe. Good luck finding a Rockies or Brewers hat though.

I don't even know what the Mets have to do with this, I will be the first to admit that when the Yankees won their 4 titles in the 90's and 2000, I had little brother syndrome, but that has passed. The Mets were in the world series two years ago, and its not like the Yankees are winning a world series.

The Mets are like cicadas. They have some flashes of relevance

Since June Tanaka has a 3.67 ERA, 3.85 FIP, and 2.86 xFIP. Those aren't quite "Ace" numbers, but he seems to be returning to the pitcher we knew.

In other news, TODD FRAZIER BLOWS!

Since June Tanaka has a 3.67 ERA, 3.85 FIP, and 2.86 xFIP. Those aren't quite "Ace" numbers, but he seems to be returning to the pitcher we knew.

In other news, TODD FRAZIER BLOWS!

Frazier is a power or nothing hitter, which is probably pretty obvious looking at his stats

Frazier is a power or nothing hitter
He has been mostly a "nothing hitter" since joining the Yankees. Are we still banking on New York magic to suddenly kick-in?

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom