2017 Yankees Thread | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

2017 Yankees Thread

13-7 (12-3 since the 1-4 start), essentially without two key position players. Not too shabby.
I think they were 8-19 last year before turning it around.

and remember, we got swept in Beantown heading into the last week. they were pretty good last year, outside of april/1st week of may.

lot of positives here...

9-1, I kept it on mostly to watch Judge at bats.

Last half of that game was fun to watch. Everyone got a turn to shine at the plate.

Judge is on pace for 70...
Very impressed with his plate discipline so far. Gotta love it. 420' line drives, 460' moonshots. If he ever really squares one up...

One more hit with the bases loaded, and Joe looks like a genius.
I know and I understood why he did it. I also think he could have gone a bit longer with betances. Did you like the move ?

Meh.

If you keep Mitchell in the game, maybe he pitches better without the inning layoff.

Holliday stays in (but it's a wash since Bird was HBP).

Carter gets last licks instead of Torreyes.

Like I said, Castro or Judge get a hit in the 10th, and it doesn't matter.

Coney had an interesting thought ... why not bring Betances in to pitch the 6th after Montgomery walked two batters and we still had a 2-1 lead?

Meh.

If you keep Mitchell in the game, maybe he pitches better without the inning layoff.

Coney had an interesting thought ... why not bring Betances in to pitch the 6th after Montgomery walked two batters and we still had a 2-1 lead?
Castro hits a fly ball there and it's over.

Meh.

it was a fun game to watch, made easier because we had a 4 game win streak, but damn...yeah wanted it badly.

its one of those that we will remember all year.

especially since Mitchell is now a trivia answer with Gator.

I always like Louisiana Lightening, though.

Would it surprise anyone that Kay was right on top of everything yesterday, and John & Suzyn were clueless. :rolleyes:

Would it surprise anyone that Kay was right on top of everything yesterday, and John & Suzyn were clueless. :rolleyes:
ill be in the car in an hour for the Managers Report with Suzyn...I can hear it now...'Joe, I gotta tell ya...I didn't know what was going on yesterday...and I still don't. can you walk us through it??'

Just pointing out...our leadoff hitter is batting just over the Mendoza Line at .208 with an OBP of .315. Would be nice to get a bit more production out of our leadoff hitter. Is it time, maybe too late, to say goodbye to Gardy?

Also wonder how much more time they are going to give Bird. Love the kid and he has talent, but something is not right there...

Just pointing out...our leadoff hitter is batting just over the Mendoza Line at .208 with an OBP of .315. Would be nice to get a bit more production out of our leadoff hitter. Is it time, maybe too late, to say goodbye to Gardy?

Also wonder how much more time they are going to give Bird. Love the kid and he has talent, but something is not right there...
I'm starting to wonder also and Gardner has been one of my favorites for a while. Girardi keeps saying Bird is close. I wonder if his ankle or shoulder are bothering him and he's not letting on?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom