2017 Yankees Thread | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

2017 Yankees Thread

Let Bird keep playing. Let's not go back to the days of the impatient Yankees.

I am not getting impatient...just wondering, if his line continues like this, at what point, if any, do you make a change?

I'm starting to wonder also and Gardner has been one of my favorites for a while. Girardi keeps saying Bird is close. I wonder if his ankle or shoulder are bothering him and he's not letting on?

I think early on he had an ankle issue...not sure if it is still an issue...

I am not getting impatient...just wondering, if his line continues like this, at what point, if any, do you make a change?

You don't. I do what Boston did with Jackie Bradley a few years ago and play him everyday when he hit sub .200.

Gardner is showing signs of breaking out recently, so I would stay with him. I would like to see Girardi get plenty of at bats for Hicks though, and make sure Gardner and Ellsbury get lots of rest as they are both prone to breaking down in recent years.

As for Bird, I know he doesn't look good, but the fact that he is still walking a lot gives me some hope, so I'd stay with him for now.

Last edited:
Would it surprise anyone that Kay was right on top of everything yesterday, and John & Suzyn were clueless. :rolleyes:
They were right on top of Montgomery's pitch count though. Counting down each pitch to 100 and speculating whether or not he would make it through the 6th. They are also really good at explaining the day game after a night game scenario for catchers. JS "Higashioka will be catching today in place of Romine . . . " SW: "DAY GAME AFTER A NIGHT GAME !!!"

They were right on top of Montgomery's pitch count though. Counting down each pitch to 100 and speculating whether or not he would make it through the 6th. They are also really good at explaining the day game after a night game scenario for catchers. JS "Higashioka will be catching today in place of Romine . . . " SW: "DAY GAME AFTER A NIGHT GAME !!!"

JS: "Montgomery has thrown 93 pitches. How do you like that, Suzyn"

SW: "You know John, his next pitch will be his 94th".

A lineup fix for all 30 teams

New York Yankees

i
As of Monday morning, the team leads the league in runs scored and has allowed the fewest runs, so the Yankees are not a team that's burning to make any large-scale changes. The biggest move, from a projection standpoint, is putting Chris Carter at first rather than Greg Bird. Bird is still the long-term option, but the rest-of-season projection of .221/.304/.415 reflects the reality of a player who missed an entire developmental year because of injury and has done nothing offensively this season. To snag a few extra runs, let Bird get comfortable in Triple-A and then bring him back later this season for the pennant race and as the starter in 2018.

Andrew Marchand ESPN Senior Writer
The Yankees have put first baseman Greg Bird on the 10 day DL with a right ankle bruise. Bird is hitting .100 (6-for-60) thus far this season. Rob Refsnyder has been called up.

Marly Rivera ESPN Writer
Yankees announce that they have placed 1B Greg Bird on the 10-day disabled list with a right ankle bruise; recalled Rob Refsnyder from Triple-A Scranton/Wilkes-Barre.

-------------------------

You are slacking OrangeXtreme

during last night's game I was able to hear Torreye's walk up music and it made me chuckle

Andrew Marchand ESPN Senior Writer
The Yankees have put first baseman Greg Bird on the 10 day DL with a right ankle bruise. Bird is hitting .100 (6-for-60) thus far this season. Rob Refsnyder has been called up.

Marly Rivera ESPN Writer
Yankees announce that they have placed 1B Greg Bird on the 10-day disabled list with a right ankle bruise; recalled Rob Refsnyder from Triple-A Scranton/Wilkes-Barre.

-------------------------

You are slacking OrangeXtreme
Had a feeling Bird was dealing with an injury as we discussed earlier. Hopefully its not major and he heals up. Bird is very talented.

I might be mistaken, but I think Refsnyder is out of options after this. Perhaps, the Yankees are okay with him going away.

I might be mistaken, but I think Refsnyder is out of options after this. Perhaps, the Yankees are okay with him going away.

You're allowed three "option years".

Ref was up and down during 2015 and 2016.

I think they can call him up and down as many times as they want in 2017, but he'll have to clear waivers if he's on the Scranton Shuttle in 2018.

You're allowed three "option years".

Ref was up and down during 2015 and 2016.

I think they can call him up and down as many times as they want in 2017, but he'll have to clear waivers if he's on the Scranton Shuttle in 2018.
Gotcha

I'm starting to get bored with Judge's HRs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom