2017 Yankees Thread | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

2017 Yankees Thread

The last time all three starting OF's hit homers in a game was May 17, 2014. Gardner, Soriano, Zoilo Almonte

He's been brutal, but the Yankees still believe in Greg Bird

On this date: Joe DiMaggio makes his MLB debut

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

ESPN Stats and Information
The Yankees have their second game this season with at least five home runs. That's as many such games as they had all of last season.

Brett Gardner has his second multi-home run game of the season, both in his last four games. The two multi-homer games match the number of them Gardner had in the first 1,085 games of his career.

Aaron Judge's home run Tuesday was calculated at 332 feet, 32 feet shorter than any other home run in his career. Before Tuesday, Judge's homers averaged 418 feet in his career.

Three years ago the Yanks were still doing their fossil thing with a raft of oft-injured, 36 year old twilighters. I had never even heard of Bird, Judge or Sanchez. Now they have a bunch of youngsters breaking out, and it's a treat to watch 'em. I hope/expect Girardi and company will be able to help them keep their heads on straight, and if the pitching holds up they'll obviously be able to make a few playoff runs. I'm going to be in NY for a stretch of several months next year and plan to get down to see them a few times. And it's a welcome relief not to have to cheer for the Blue Jays. :D

Last edited:
With guys like Donnie Baseball or #2, I'd stick around for their last at bat even if the game was not in doubt. Doing it now with Judge.

The best of their prospects are mostly position players. They're probably still going to need to look outside of the organization to fill the pitching staff in the upcoming years. It will be interesting to see if Tanaka opts out after this year. He isn't Kershaw, but I think he has demonstrated that he is a bonafide ace. The partial tear of his UCL doesn't seem to impact his stuff. If I were the Yankees, I would try to negotiate an extension that involves more money, but doesn't go to far into the future; perhaps just until 2022.

A bunch of pitchers in there...

MLB.com 2017 Prospect Watch

Yankees 2017 preseason top 30 prospects list

How they were built
Draft: 16
International: 6
Trade: 8

Breakdown by ETA
2017: 9
2018: 7
2019: 9
2020: 5

Breakdown by position
C: 1
1B: 1
2B: 1
3B: 1
SS: 5
OF: 5
RHP: 13
LHP: 3

Best tools
Players are graded on a 20-80 scouting scale for future tools -- 20-30 is well below average, 40 is below average, 50 is average, 60 is above average and 70-80 is well above average.

Hit: Gleyber Torres (65)
Power: Aaron Judge (60)
Run: Jorge Mateo (80)
Arm: Miguel Andujar (70)
Defense: Kyle Holder (70)
Fastball: Jorge Guzman (80)
Curveball: Drew Finley (60)
Slider: Chase Adams (60)
Changeup: James Kaprielian (55)
Control: Jonathan Holder (60)

Biggest jump/fall
Here are the players whose ranks changed the most from the 2016 preseason list to the 2017 preseason list.

Jump: Tyler Austin, 1B/OF (2016: NR | 2017: 16)
Fall: Hoy Jun Park, SS (2016: 14 | 2017: NR)

A bunch of pitchers in there...

Breakdown by position
C: 1
1B: 1
2B: 1
3B: 1
SS: 5
OF: 5
RHP: 13
LHP: 3
Indeed, there are pitchers on the list, but my understanding is that only Kaprielian is projected to be a potential top of the rotation guy. Of course, who really knows?

incredulously, our old friend Ivan Nova was the NL Pitcher of the Month for April.

3-2, 1.50 ERA 36.0 IP 22 K 0.75 WHIP

the Yankees added to a few categories up there this year...

Aaron is Judge and Jury and its...Judgement Day...but hes also AL Rookie of the Month.

He joins Mickey Mantle (1956) as the only Yankees 25 or younger with 10 or more HRs in the teams 1st 22 games.

Aaron is Judge and Jury and its...Judgement Day...but hes also AL Rookie of the Month.

He joins Mickey Mantle (1956) as the only Yankees 25 or younger with 10 or more HRs in the teams 1st 22 games.

Respect.
IMG_6346.GIF

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom