2017 Yankees Thread | Page 86 | Syracusefan.com

2017 Yankees Thread

Man, we have sure missed Castro. What was once a hole in the lineup is now a force.

Man, we have sure missed Castro. What was once a hole in the lineup is now a force.
He's really underrated. Came up as a phenom and kinda went under the radar. I was thrilled when we traded for him.

He's really underrated. Came up as a phenom and kinda went under the radar. I was thrilled when we traded for him.
Cashman deserves a lot of credit for trading for young key pieces like Castro, Gregorius, Hicks and Gray.

Is there a Rays at Yankees series they can swap or is this their last matchup for the season?

3 game home series against the Rays Sept 26-28.

If we swapped dates, we would have a 10 game home stand Sept 11-20 (Rays, Orioles, Twins), 3 game trip to Toronto, followed by 1 home game against KC (make up from May 25), 3 games at Tampa, and 3 home games with Toronto to end the season.

It's doable, but it's a lot of travel. We'll be in Texas Sept 8-10. Maybe Tampa can meet us in Atlanta Sept 11-13? The Braves are on the road then.

Is there a Rays at Yankees series they can swap or is this their last matchup for the season?
there is, but I doubt it.

now you are screwing over 2 fan bases as opposed to 1.

not saying it wont happen, but John Mara wont let it...which thread am in?...I mean Torre and the Steinbrenners wont allow it.

JM&J, a walk and 2 HPB's to lead off the inning. And he walked Benintende with a knuckle-curve on 3-2, when he can bring it a hundred? It was freaking Benintende! Big Poopi is gone! This, ladies and gentlemen, is why he's not a closer. I mean, I really hope he gets there one day, but that ain't today. Jeebus!

Bump. Ain't today, either.

Two away, bottom 9, walks Beckham with 2 out to bring up Machado, and BOOM! <SMFH>

Last edited:
Glad I stayed up for that. Now I'll never sleep.

Best bullpen in baseball if baseball was an 8 inning game.

Only a matter if time before the Sox win (ok maybe 10 more innings) and it goes from Yanks up 6-5 2 outs bottom of the 9th and Sox down 2-0 bottom of the ninth to a 3.5 game lead. Unreal.

Only a matter if time before the Sox win (ok maybe 10 more innings) and it goes from Yanks up 6-5 2 outs bottom of the 9th and Sox down 2-0 bottom of the ninth to a 3.5 game lead. Unreal.

Betances and Chapman have been beyond brutal this year. Even Kanle has become undone since becoming a yankee. Something like 24 1 run losses for the yanks this year. Tonight was Unforgivable

Betances and Chapman have been beyond brutal this year. Even Kanle has become undone since becoming a yankee. Something like 24 1 run losses for the yanks this year. Tonight was Unforgivable

We were spoiled with Mo. Baseball always evens it out.

Only one thing can help the 9th inning of this bullpen. A good psychiatrist.

It's a shame too because everything else is coming together.

Yanks have a pretty favorable schedule remaining. But need to figure this out if they're going to pull off a playoff upset.

Bump. Ain't today, either.

Two away, bottom 9, walks Beckham with 2 out to bring up Machado, and BOOM! <SMFH>
Brutal loss. There have been too many of those this year when the margin for making the playoffs is so thin

Brutal loss. There have been too many of those this year when the margin for making the playoffs is so thin

24 one run losses. Cornered the market.

At least four or five similarly awful ones. This team is the polar opposite of the recent overachieving (in terms of run differential) Yankee teams, but a wild card spot is still theirs to lose.

Any hope of a division title died last night

24 one run losses. Cornered the market.
Bullpen is the strength, right???

My lord, make that #18...still big, and they in 1st with a small cushion.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom