PF: BAZLEY, (Marek), Moyer
C: CHUKWU, Sibide

With Battle:
PG: HOWARD, Carey, HoWash
SG: BATTLE, Hughes, Boeheim (RS?)
SF: BRISSETT, Marek, (Hughes)

Looking pretty good. Biggest thing that jumps out to me is the guard depth. If Battle returns I wouldn’t be surprised if with HoWash or Buddy redshirt (just one). Really interested to see Hughes. He’s a bit of a wild card.

I see Marek playing the super 6th man role. Interesting to see if Moyer can make a leap in the offseason.

Feels good to have a solid core and some depth again. We’ve turned a bit of a corner the past few weeks. Future looks bright!

Without Battle:

SG: HUGHES, (Howard), Boeheim

With Battle:

Looking pretty good. Biggest thing that jumps out to me is the guard depth. If Battle returns I wouldn’t be surprised if with HoWash or Buddy redshirt (just one). Really interested to see Hughes. He’s a bit of a wild card.

I see Marek playing the super 6th man role. Interesting to see if Moyer can make a leap in the offseason.

Feels good to have a solid core and some depth again. We’ve turned a bit of a corner the past few weeks. Future looks bright!

Really hope Washington redshirts

Without Battle:

With Battle:

Baz can and might end up playing the 2.

Baz can play 2 3 4 5
Howard 1 2
Bris 3 4
Mar 4 5
Carey 1 2
Washington 1 2
Buddy 2 3
Briz 3 4
Moyer 4
Chu 5
Sid 5
Hughes 2 3

Lots of interchangeable pieces.

How about

Frank 1 6/5
Baz 2 6/9
Briz 3 6/8
Mar 4 6/9
Chewy 5 7/2

Not a bad zone.

Without Battle:

With Battle:

Buddy redshirting will help our recruiting. Now Boeheim can say that he'll be here another five years. I'm certain other teams use Boeheim's age and imminent retirement against us. Maybe he needs to Just for Men it like K?

If they find another 5, this will be the deepest team in years. None of these 4s are guys that really slot into 5, and Sidibe's knees are always going to be a problem for him.

Jim said bazley at the five at times

We could be so offensively dynamic when that lineup is on the court. As long as Bazley can man the middle of the zone.

Ugh, why?

Get Marek some muscle and if he has to play 5, so be it. Absolutely zero reason to put an undersized true freshman at the 5.

From what I’ve seen, Bazley looks like a better option in there than Marek.

And Bazley setting high screens for our guards brings a slew of options we haven’t had. I think the kid’s versatility will be huge for us next year.

From what I’ve seen, Bazley looks like a better option in there than Marek.

And Bazley setting high screens for our guards brings a slew of options we haven’t had. I think the kid’s versatility will be huge for us next year.
Bazley doesn't have to play the 5 to set high screens.

Bazley doesn't have to play the 5 to set high screens.

Depends who is on the court. If we’ve got Howard, Carey/Hughes, Brissett, Marek, and Bazley out there...there’s an awful lot we can do offensively.

I like the potential options next year.

I think people forget that even way back in 2003 we’d go occasionally small and put Warrick at the 5 for stretches when we could get away with it defensively, for offensive purposes. Boeheim is smart enough to know when to do it, IMO.

You adeptly explained why Rek will be the 6th Man of the Year.

Bazley starts.
It makes sense, especially from things we've seen before. But I will not believe it until I see it. I'm holding on this one.

Buddy redshirting will help our recruiting. Now Boeheim can say that he'll be here another five years. I'm certain other teams use Boeheim's age and imminent retirement against us. Maybe he needs to Just for Men it like K?
I really believe Buddy will redshirt. Like Cooney, he’d be so much better off redshirting, and so would our program. We’ll have plenty of depth at guard next season even if Battle goes pro. And I think we’ll have enough shooters with OB, Carey, Hughes, and Howard.

Marek has good instincts at the 5 spot. If somehow, he could Arnold up over the summer, he could be a huge x factor on the o end by getting more minutes than many are forcasting for him at the 5 spot.

I really believe Buddy will redshirt. Like Cooney, he’d be so much better off redshirting, and so would our program. We’ll have plenty of depth at guard next season even if Battle goes pro. And I think we’ll have enough shooters with OB, Carey, Hughes, and Howard.
I guess it depends if Hughes and Carey are adept outside shooters. We lacked firepower from 3 this year. Buddy can add support in that area. Also, It really depends if his body is strong enough to battle in the ACC. He looked pretty baby faced and lean in the shot of him in the stands last night.

Marek has good instincts at the 5 spot. If somehow, he could Arnold up over the summer, he could be a huge x factor on the o end by getting more minutes than many are forcasting for him at the 5 spot.
If Marek can somehow get to 200lbs by November it will be a massive win. Not sure he can add that much bulk in 6 months though.

It makes sense, especially from things we've seen before. But I will not believe it until I see it. I'm holding on this one.
Hold on to it with both hands.

Defend it, scream for it, explain it, fight for it.

Then don’t be upset when it doesn’t happen.

‘Cause it won’t ;)

Hold on to it with both hands.

Defend it, scream for it, explain it, fight for it.

Then don’t be upset when it doesn’t happen.

‘Cause it won’t ;)
I won't be upset... MD will get big minutes regardless.

I'm very excited about this group's potential.

I think we've got some really good days on the horizon. If we go 7/8 deep, with this kind of talent, we're going to be a very tough out.

I'm still most worried about the 5... Chukwu and Sidibe have a long way to go on top of getting healthy.

Excellent potential and I'm curious to see who Boeheim has to lecture on the intricacies of playing defense with the newbies Hughes and incoming freshmen. He'll be more lenient with Baz if his offense is as good as ya'll say. PT will depend on what's needed...offense or defense and who knows where to be and when. It would be nice to have a guy that could come off the bench and hit a couple of 3's. Curious to see who will be the 3rd string center as the top 2 like to foul so playing time may be added there as well. The depth will help with blocked shots as the players won't have the fear of fouling out as they did this year.

If Boeheim has the right mix of O and D and can slide players into multiple positions, I see a need for Washington and/or Boeheim to redshirt, especially if Battle comes back as PT will be on the very low side unless Boeheim is really a lights out shooters at an ACC level then things could get really interesting regarding PT. If Marek (body/arms) and Chewy (legs/hands) increased their strength...wow. Carey might be the man to man guard on O but struggle vs zone or playing D. Boeheim zone buster. Braz backyard scorer. Hughes D length and zone buster. Will be an interesting plug and play.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom