PF: BAZLEY, (Marek), Moyer
C: CHUKWU, Sibide

With Battle:
PG: HOWARD, Carey, HoWash
SG: BATTLE, Hughes, Boeheim (RS?)
SF: BRISSETT, Marek, (Hughes)
PF: BAZLEY, (Marek), Moyer
C: CHUKWU, Sibide
Really glad you didn't put a "g" after Ho.

After what has happened the last few years with kids leaving/getting hurt all the way to 6 games into the season, why even attempt predicting? I could ask a mathimatican friend what are the number of possibile combinations of 5 you can get with 11 and that could be your lineup.

If most of our pieces return, we'll probably have the tallest team in the NCAA yet again. Scenarios include

Battle and Brissett return: 6'5, 6'6, 6'8, 6'9, 7'2
Only Battle leaves: 6'5, 6'6, 6'8, 6'9, 7'2
Battle and Brissett leave: 6'5, 6'6, 6'9, 6'9, 7'2

Our 2nd unit could roll out 6'3, 6'3, 6'6, 6'8, 6'10

Three things of which I am certain. 1. IF Marek is here, he starts. 2. Unless Buddy gets hurt, he plays. 3. The roster will look at least 2 men different into next season.
Interesting.

Three things of which I am certain. 1. IF Marek is here, he starts. 2. Unless Buddy gets hurt, he plays. 3. The roster will look at least 2 men different into next season.

Veryyyyy interesting

Washington redshirting is a no brainer. Won't be 100% ready until middle of the year at the earliest anyway, plus with Howard/Carey/Boeheim/Hughes, how many minutes are there for him?

Sidibe's knee should be fixed by surgery. Sounds as though it's not nearly as bad as Coleman's. He should be ready to go by fall, and I'd expect him to be a lot better.
What surgery is there for tendinitis?

After what has happened the last few years with kids leaving/getting hurt all the way to 6 games into the season, why even attempt predicting? I could ask a mathimatican friend what are the number of possibile combinations of 5 you can get with 11 and that could be your lineup.
Sounds good.

You can sit this one out.

See you in November.

I guess it depends if Hughes and Carey are adept outside shooters. We lacked firepower from 3 this year. Buddy can add support in that area. Also, It really depends if his body is strong enough to battle in the ACC. He looked pretty baby faced and lean in the shot of him in the stands last night.
Buddy is Hulk Hogan compared to his Dad's playing days. He'll be OK from the start.

Marek will start. Book it. It is how JB rolls. A starter stays a starter unless he does not live up to expectations. Starting under JB is not necessarily correlated with playing time. It is an honor that players earn by past performance. Who finishes and who gets the bulk of minutes will depend on performance. Marek will have a shorter leash. Early turnovers will get him yanked. Did Waiters start?

Last edited:
Buddy is Hulk Hogan compared to his Dad's playing days. He'll be OK from the start.

Marek will start. It is how JB rolls. Who finishes is still up in the air.
My prediction is Marek is 6th man of the year next season.

Everyone is saying he’s a well rounded player. Doesn’t mean he excels at shooting (if he was lights out we’d have heard by now)... he just needs to shoot it well enough to improve spacing.
I had a number of high school coaches here in ct tell me he is an outstanding shooter.

I don't see Marek starting and I love the kid. Who is going to sit? OB or Bazley? An improved Marek will have to get minutes. But he won't start. I also don't think Buddy will see many minutes. Howard, Hughes and Carey get the bulk of minutes at the guard position. And if Battle ever came back, look out.

Marek will start. Book it. It is how JB rolls. A starter stays a starter unless he does not live up to expectations. Starting under JB is not necessarily correlated with playing time. It is an honor that players earn by past performance. Who finishes and who gets the bulk of minutes will depend on performance. Marek will have a shorter leash. Early turnovers will get him yanked. Did Waiters start?

I'll say it again...darius bazley who is a McDonald's all American, Jordan brand game, allen iverson round ball classic and probably should of been Mr.ohios basketball player of the year as well as being selected to the nike hoops summit USA team who is 6'9 And handles the rock like a point forward and has game inside and out would start on ANY team in the country as a freshman let alone start over the likes of Marek. And that's not a knock on mareks game at all he is phenomenal and will be even better but he is not getting a "token" start over bazley. Bazley is coming to start and we will be lucky to watch him for 1 year and that's it.

I'll say it again...darius bazley who is a McDonald's all American, Jordan brand game, allen iverson round ball classic and probably should of been Mr.ohios basketball player of the year as well as being selected to the nike hoops summit USA team who is 6'9 And handles the rock like a point forward and has game inside and out would start on ANY team in the country as a freshman let alone start over the likes of Marek. And that's not a knock on mareks game at all he is phenomenal and will be even better but he is not getting a "token" start over bazley. Bazley is coming to start and we will be lucky to watch him for 1 year and that's it.
I hate liking that because I love Marek and his game. But everything you wrote is true.

I hate liking that because I love Marek and his game. But everything you wrote is true.

The thing is i love mareks game too. Kid was so good for us this year and got better and better and I expect him to make even more progress next year. BUT he is not bazley and not many people are. Kid has NBA skill set right now (Yes he is a freshman and will make mistakes and needs to get stronger) but his skill set is off the charts.

And the scary part is bazley never got serious about basketball until like the 9th grade...he is going to make huge strides in his game when he gets on our campus and starts working with our staff and players. He's just scratching the surface of his game!

Why did you decide to suddenly stop your run on sentence between bazley and Bazley?

man, this us a happy problem thread.

i will hate to read this forum next season if jimmy does not get this group into the top ten.

Why did you decide to suddenly stop your run on sentence between bazley and Bazley?

Not sure, I'm on my phone and in a car on the way home from a late dinner. Wasn't paying much attention so I apologize for that.

Look, I get that we potentially have two ultra talented forwards next season, but I'm going to be pissed off if we see more of this 38+ minute per game garbage.
I'm going to wait until July to start the minutes per game thread.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom