2018-19 Depth Chart | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

2018-19 Depth Chart

No chance. He doesn't have the lateral quickness. He's like 6-10 or 6-11. No doubt he would be impossible to see and shoot over, but guards would get by him easily off the dribble.
He isn’t that tall but he has long arms.

Bazley is a Lamar Odom type player.
He needs S&C to put 10-15 lbs of muscle on him.

IMO, no way Boeheim has Marek coming off the bench.

Not sure how it works for Bazley, but Marek does too many things well and has earned too much trust. He's JB's golden boy, rightfully so.

Nope. Sorry. Thanks for playing.
Brissett and Bazley are the starting forwards.
Frank will start at 1 guard spot and the winner of Carey vs. Hughes starting at the other guard spot (I would bet on Hughes at the 2, and then Carey comes off the bench as the first guard).
Marek will be the first forward off the bench, and Buddy will be the zone buster.
HoWa redshirts and maybe transfers. I just think he's going to get recruited over, and I don't think he's dynamic enough or big enough to ever run the point for us. At best, I see a career back-up when he's a junior/senior.
The key for next year is our ability to get a 5th year big man, or maybe a JUCO (I know, when has that ever happened?). JB said he wants another big guy back in November. If Sidibe can recover, we look pretty decent at Center, but that's a big if. We really need one more big man for next season.

If Hughes can be dangerous from deep this team will excel, i think that is the biggest unknown right now

He only shot around 25% from 3 at East Carolina. We might get 33-35% out of him, which would be adequate, but I would be shocked if he suddenly became a 40% shooter from three with this big a step up in competition.

The thing is i love mareks game too. Kid was so good for us this year and got better and better and I expect him to make even more progress next year. BUT he is not bazley and not many people are. Kid has NBA skill set right now (Yes he is a freshman and will make mistakes and needs to get stronger) but his skill set is off the charts.

Not really. When he shoots a 3, his release is really slow. He really has to measure it. He is a one man fast break, though. That's where he excels, in the open floor. I like that he's a lefty and he has a pretty decent midrange game. But he is going to be borderline strong enough to be a strong draft candidate. He has to really toughen up a lot.

love MD's game and he's going to be huge for us next year... but he was a "starter" by complete default only
He wasn’t a starter because JB has employed a token starter role his whole career. He averaged 28mpg and by the end of the year he wasn’t coming out.

Marek comes off the bench and is the 3rd string/crunch time 5...and yes I'd like another rotational big (4/5) type. maybe 2 of them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom