PF: BAZLEY, (Marek), Moyer
C: CHUKWU, Sibide

With Battle:
PG: HOWARD, Carey, HoWash
SG: BATTLE, Hughes, Boeheim (RS?)
SF: BRISSETT, Marek, (Hughes)
PF: BAZLEY, (Marek), ...Moyer
C: CHUKWU, ,Sidibe and another big

Would not classify Hughes as a shooter no chance buddy Redshirts.

I spoke to an AAU coach from Pennsylvania and he told me what is one of the 3 best shooters he’s ever seen in His life live

With all the discussion about Marek starting or coming off the bench, this post didn't get any fanfare -- but this is one helluva compliment! The consensus seems to be that Buddy's minutes will be pretty limited next season. Which makes sense with Frank, Hughes and Carey all ahead of him. However, with 3-point shooting one of our biggest weaknesses this season (and if anything it will be even worse next year with Battle's expected departure), I could envision some games where JB goes to his new designated zone buster for longer stretches at times against certain teams, particularly if he's hot (perhaps 15 min or so some games).

My depth chart with Battle:
  • Howard - Carey (Washington - RS)
  • Battle - Hughes - Boeheim
  • Brissett - Bazley
  • Dolezaj - Moyer/Bazley
  • Chukwu - Sidibe
Without Battle:
  • Carey/Howard
  • Howard/Carey - Hughes/Boeheim
  • Brissett - Bazley
  • Dolezaj - Moyer/Bazley
  • Chuwku - Sidibe
Dolezaj has earned the right to be starter. Unless Bazley comes in and kills it in practice on both ends of the floor, it wouldn't make sense to supplant him. Things could change as the season goes on.

you understand the problem with any march projections is the unforeseen roster shake up. how many early predictions had TT playing a major role this year. a rather futile exercise of band width IMO.

• Brissett - Bazley
  • Dolezaj - Moyer/Bazley
  • Chukwu - Sidibe
Without Battle:
  • Carey/Howard
  • Brissett - Bazley
  • Dolezaj - Moyer/Bazley
  • Chuwku - Sidibe
Dolezaj has earned the right to be starter. Unless Bazley comes in and kills it in practice on both ends of the floor, it wouldn't make sense to supplant him. Things could change as the season goes on.

Dole is a great player, and we all love what he brings to the team.
BUT - DBaze is a Top-10 recruit, and almost a mortal lock to be 1-and-done.
Imagine OSB's athleticism w/ Dole's BB IQ and intangibles, all with a better handle - that's Baze.

On a team with OSB, Bazley, and Marek - Marek is most definitely NOT starting -
unless it's the JB Special Token 2 Minute Start.

Lets play small like Nova has done for years......leave the big man out, slide Baz to the 5 spot and run the floor...

Broken record alert, but still -
Anyone thinking Bazley and Brissett (if he's back) won't start needs to rethink

Agree- I don’t understand it at all. it’s ridiculous

you understand the problem with any march projections is the unforeseen roster shake up. how many early predictions had TT playing a major role this year. a rather futile exercise of band width IMO.
to your last point, the biggest waste is anyone who thinks...barring injury or him deciding to go to seton hall in August...that Bazley isn’t starting.

• Brissett - Bazley
  • Dolezaj - Moyer/Bazley
  • Chukwu - Sidibe
Without Battle:
  • Carey/Howard
  • Brissett - Bazley
  • Dolezaj - Moyer/Bazley
  • Chuwku - Sidibe
What are these “rights” that you speak of? I’m afraid they don’t exist in the JB led Syracuse BBall world.

Lets play small like Nova has done for years...leave the big man out, slide Baz to the 5 spot and run the floor...
We’re the tallest and longest team in college basketball. We can’t play small.

We'll see. Things change.
I think my point is that JB will decide who starts. It should be who earns it through their play. If Marek starts that means he’s improved his offensive skills a ton in the offseason. That would be a great thing, but I’m not sure it will happen. Right now we need more offense on the floor, even more if Battle leaves. Baz fills that offensive need.

I don't see Marek starting and I love the kid. Who is going to sit? OB or Bazley? An improved Marek will have to get minutes. But he won't start. I also don't think Buddy will see many minutes. Howard, Hughes and Carey get the bulk of minutes at the guard position. And if Battle ever came back, look out.

2 days later, unless someone's got hard inside information, it's impossible to argue with any of this. Both the star forwards will start, so Dolezaj won't. And we've got at least three more talented guards on the roster, so that's going to play out just like it does every season: they're going to play, and the kid behind them won't.

Three things of which I am certain. 1. IF Marek is here, he starts. 2. Unless Buddy gets hurt, he plays. 3. The roster will look at least 2 men different into next season.

What do you mean "IF"? Where's he going? back to Europe?

Marek is the definition of a guy who you want in a 6th man role.

Cannot wait for next season. Hope the yanks and then the football team can hold me over until then!

Three things of which I am certain. 1. IF Marek is here, he starts. 2. Unless Buddy gets hurt, he plays. 3. The roster will look at least 2 men different into next season.
Great call on #3. Were you factoring in Moyer to your projection?

I guess we have to talk Moyer here as the other thread locked (not sure why it seemed pretty tame).

The one thing I wanted to add to my post was that MM seemed like the classic player where the game was still going too fast, hence the spazzy play. Anyway, I think that might have been the curable part of his game. But I think lack of outside shooting ultimately was his undoing.

I guess we have to talk Moyer here as the other thread locked (not sure why it seemed pretty tame).

The one thing I wanted to add to my post was that MM seemed like the classic player where the game was still going too fast, hence the spazzy play. Anyway, I think that might have been the curable part of his game. But I think lack of outside shooting ultimately was his undoing.

Yea pretty tame after about 30 posts were deleted.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom