2018-19 Depth Chart | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

2018-19 Depth Chart

What happened to Bees post that Moyer would be back? Unless it was one of those reverse mojo things like us not making the Tournament :)

Don’t think it was this thread. And I did think he’d be back based upon his love of SU.
I hear ya, I'm just kidding around. I thought it could go either way, but I felt I saw some shots of him where he just didn't look very happy at the end (Tournament celebration not withstanding).

Three things of which I am certain. 1. IF Marek is here, he starts. 2. Unless Buddy gets hurt, he plays. 3. The roster will look at least 2 men different into next season.

Let me ask you a couple questions since it appears you have some sort of intuition on these things:

1) What are the odds that Brissett, Bazley & Dolezaj are all on the roster next year? The answer to that would determine the next two but let's assume they're all here.

2) If those three are on the roster, what are the odds that Brissett does not start? I would say less than 5% -- and that's being generous.

3) If those three are on the roster, what are the odds that Bazley does not start? I would say less than 0% -- Boeheim doesn't bring McDonald's All Americans off the bench. Unless you're Michael Carter Williams, playing on arguably the best regular season team in Syracuse history.

That leaves one guy to come off the bench at the forward position.

Last edited:
Starting and finishing are different. JB will find ways to have Marek finish games. Kid does the right thing with the ball, and can hit foul shots.

Nice to have a guy soooo fundamentally sound.

Are we pretty confident that Washington redshirts? I figured he would, before injury.

Let me ask you a couple questions since it appears you have some sort of intuition on these things:

1) What are the odds that Brissett, Bazley & Dolezaj are all on the roster next year? The answer to that would determine the next two but let's assume they're all here.

2) If those three are on the roster, what are the odds that Brissett does not start? I would say less than 5% -- and that's being generous.

3) If those three are on the roster, what are the odds that Bazley does not start? I would say less than 0% -- Boeheim doesn't bring McDonald's All Americans off the bench. Unless you're Michael Carter Williams, playing on arguably the best regular season team in Syracuse history.

That leaves one guy to come off the bench at the forward position.

I put Baz at 100%. Marek at 80%. OB at 50%. So 40% combined?

0% chance OB doesn’t start if he’s here. I put Mareks odds at 0% off the bench if he’s here. Baz would be the super 6th. In the end starting is meaningless. That’s a dynamic set of forwards. Which is part of the reason we got the news we did yesterday.

Let’s hope that OB doesn’t even sniff NBA testing. Let’s hope Marek comes back from summer vacation.

0% chance OB doesn’t start if he’s here. I put Mareks odds at 0% off the bench if he’s here. Baz would be the super 6th. In the end starting is meaningless. That’s a dynamic set of forwards. Which is part of the reason we got the news we did yesterday.

Let’s hope that OB doesn’t even sniff NBA testing. Let’s hope Marek comes back from summer vacation.

No way in heck marek starts over bazley. I'm sorry but I just don't see that scenario even being a possibility. If it were to happen then it means marek took a HUGE leap in his game (again not a knock on him because I think he's great) just not bazley good. Not sure how anyone can think bazley is coming off the bench so I guess I'll ask, why do you think bazley comes off the bench and marek starts?

My guess is 3 forwards to end games with both centers on the bench.
I figure your post is based on ft shooting. If it is and Chewies ft continue to improve/do well, he would no longer be a liability. If he works on his hands, having a 7'2" outlet or rim protector is a wonderful weapon.

Fair enough. I like those odds -- I actually think OB is higher than that but that's just my uneducated opinion. He has so many holes in his game right now, I don't understand how he'd leave with no 1st round guarantee & the potential to play on a Top 10 team next year...

But that's just hope. I have no inside info. And if all three are on campus in September, all the better. Let the chips fall where they may and dominate.

Again Bazley is a stick figure.
If we put him in the middle any big over 200 pounds would be able to push him around.
He isn’t a 5.

Hakim Warrick never played the 5 when Forth was on the bench.

We need another forward for depth without Moyer.

Bazley is starting next year. Marek goes to the bench. Marek is a nice player but he isn’t the talent that Bazley is.

No way in heck marek starts over bazley. I'm sorry but I just don't see that scenario even being a possibility. If it were to happen then it means marek took a HUGE leap in his game (again not a knock on him because I think he's great) just not bazley good. Not sure how anyone can think bazley is coming off the bench so I guess I'll ask, why do you think bazley comes off the bench and marek starts?
Because JB is the coach, he loves MDs game and MD finished the year as a starter. In the end, the designation is so irrelevant I’m not sure why we spend so much time on it

Yea totally irrelevant...the best players start on pretty much every team in college hoops. What a recruiting tactic that would be for us, "hey 5 star recruit come play for JB and even tho you'll get big minutes and your one of the best on the team, i'm still going to start the other guy over you because the coach likes him and started him at the end of the year." I would like to think that the players who start will be settled on the court in practice. And yes I know waiters came off the bench for us but I think majority of the time your best 5 guys are starters.

He was still the starter. How many starters has he supplanted in his career?
love MD's game and he's going to be huge for us next year... but he was a "starter" by complete default only

Dolezaj is not starting over Bazley.

JB isn’t a moron.
Dolezaj only started 17 of the 37 games this year.

Bazley is the most talented forward n next year.

Bazley starts with Brissett and Marek allows JB to press with some subs because he will have a guy he trusts.

Baz can and might end up playing the 2.

No chance. He doesn't have the lateral quickness. He's like 6-10 or 6-11. No doubt he would be impossible to see and shoot over, but guards would get by him easily off the dribble.

No chance. He doesn't have the lateral quickness. He's like 6-10 or 6-11. No doubt he would be impossible to see and shoot over, but guards would get by him easily off the dribble.

THIS. Baz is a 3. On a good day, he can be a 4.
Not a 2, unless proceeding directly to 3.
5 is right out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom