2018 Boston Red Sox Thread | Page 22 | Syracusefan.com

2018 Boston Red Sox Thread

Why?
Cora WTH leave Porcello in.
This decision is very shaky.
Just pitch Eovaldi game 3 and Porcello game 4.
Ugh.

99 mph fastball and he starts out with two sliders.

Kimbrell figured out he has an electric fastball. Good for him. Great job. Judge homer was just a great hitter doing his thing.

Why?
Ugh.

Geez, man. Cora just managed the team to it's highest number of wins in franchise history. What could he possibly know?

Why?
Ugh.
Not because it worked but I was 100% in favor of bringing Kimbrel in. He is the closer and that was the game.

Geez, man. Cora just managed the team to it's highest number of wins in franchise history. What could he possibly know?
Cora has done a great job just because he wasn’t a drip like John Farrell.
However after the Red Sox shaky bullpen walked a lot of hitters I wanted Porcello who I was confident would throw strikes to stay in.

Kimbrel isn’t a bum but he is a cardiac closer.

Not because it worked but I was 100% in favor of bringing Kimbrel in. He is the closer and that was the game.
When Kimbrel came in I wasn’t confident. The guy did the job but I wanted Porcello over Kimbrel in that Sox spot before the 9th.

Cora has done a great job just because he wasn’t a drip like John Farrell.
However after the Red Sox shaky bullpen walked a lot of hitters I wanted Porcello who I was confident would throw strikes to stay in.

Kimbrel isn’t a bum but he is a cardiac closer.

Fair enough, but at this point in the season you dance with the one who brought you. I've always believed in putting strength against strength.

Sox got by tonight but I don't think they can win 10 more games with this pen its terrible.
The won 108 games with this bull pen. Plus, they have starters that will pitch out of the pen. Eddie Rodriquez, for example. having said that, I think Boston and New York are playing for second. Houston might just be too good.

Devers at 3b and Holt at 2b should be in the lineup tonight.
Need as many lefties as possible.

Do the sux pitchers plan on continuing to demand that Sanchez get back in the box and hit???

Asking for a friend...

Do the sux pitchers plan on continuing to demand that Sanchez get back in the box and hit???

Asking for a friend...
Spiking the football when it’s 1-1 is bad karma.
Also the pitcher was right. If Sanchez didn’t go to the mound like every other pitch like he did in the past 2-3 years MLB wouldn’t have had to pass the mound visit limit rule.
Sanchez is slower than turtle in the box, behind the plate pretty much everywhere. His style of slow play is why young people don’t watch the sport.

Fair enough, but at this point in the season you dance with the one who brought you. I've always believed in putting strength against strength.

You haven't followed the Red Sox very closely because Kimbrel has struggled when he comes in in the 8th inning. It worked Friday night but there have been plenty of other times when it either didn't work or it worked but caused major indigestion.

Devers at 3b and Holt at 2b should be in the lineup tonight.
Need as many lefties as possible.

I agree with you on both moves. Particularly Devers. I'm not a Nunez believer. Both are sub par defensively but Devers can do damage in YS and provides a lot more pop than Nunez.

Also the pitcher was right. If Sanchez didn’t go to the mound like every other pitch like he did in the past 2-3 years MLB wouldn’t have had to pass the mound visit limit rule.
Sanchez is slower than turtle in the box, behind the plate pretty much everywhere. His style of slow play is why young people don’t watch the sport.
Only a paranoid mind would see that as spiking the football. Now if he had said "Hope the hometown fans got a good look at their 108-win juggernaut" that would be out of line. But he didn't.

I didn’t spike shlit.

Your piss-arse pitcher woke the bear.

Didn’t realize it was his job to tell the batter to get the Fluck back in there.

I will send him a thank you note for a job well done.

Sanchez single handily brought down a sport and got new time rules inserted??

Interesting.

108 is an awefully lot of wins...

I didn’t spike shlit.

Your piss-arse pitcher woke the bear.

Didn’t realize it was his job to tell the batter to get the Fluck back in there.

I will send him a thank you note for a job well done.

Sanchez single handily brought down a sport and got new time rules inserted??

Interesting.

108 is an awefully lot of wins...
Didn't he strike out in that at bat?

Or he faced a lefty instead of a righty. A righty is pitching tonight Susan
Yes.

One of ‘ours’.

Go ahead...Pitch the spy...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44