2018 Boston Red Sox Thread | Page 20 | Syracusefan.com

2018 Boston Red Sox Thread

Eovaldi is going to go to the pen.
He will be important.
I only trust Kimbrel.
I think Workman second.
That was the plan when they got Eovaldi. But he has been getting lit up in the first inning as of late. How does that work?

This game is the perfect game for the Red Sox faults. Once again Dave D. leaves a team needing something as it heads to Oct..

That was ridiculous ruling. Altuve was clearly safe. Good grief.

So, we concur he was safe. Thanks! :)
Stop the presses..the umps make a bad call. Like the strike called on Blake with the bases jammed in the 8th. I wouldn't care if the Sox won every game on a bad call. God knows they have lost that way.

Spotrac does AAV(average annual value) which doesn’t account for deferred salaries.

His salary has included 2 million defer ed per year.
The point is if Price is pitching well enough that can opt out and get close to the same money he will.
If he had to take a distractic paycut no way.

I think he could opt out as the Cardinals or Dodgers could pay him plus this FA class is loaded and he could get paid as a plan B.
With Kershaw not likely to opt out Price could get paid.
According to espn today, Price will earn 31 million next year and 32 million each of the three following years.

According to espn today, Price will earn 31 million next year and 32 million each of the three following years.

That's unbelievable. The contrast between NFL players on the one hand and MLB/NBA players on the other in terms of salaries is crazy.

Price was interviewed yesterday I think and said he wouldn't opt out. His quote was why would I opt out we are winning. He left out the making 90 million over the next 3 years thing.

Price was interviewed yesterday I think and said he wouldn't opt out. His quote was why would I opt out we are winning. He left out the making 90 million over the next 3 years thing.
Regardless, no sane person in Price's position would opt out.

He also said the team would be better next year regardless of how this team finishes.

He also said the team would be better next year regardless of how this team finishes.
Ha. Maybe he thinks they could be better but that it won't necessarily be reflected in a better record.

I agree. That is why we need to turn him insane. No group of people can do that better than the Boston Globe sports department. What have those Irish bums been doing all year. Someone confront this guy on a plan.

I agree. That is why we need to turn him insane. No group of people can do that better than the Boston Globe sports department. What have those Irish bums been doing all year. Someone confront this guy on a plan.
I just wandered over from the Yankees thread. I'm praying for the guy's mental health.

So sick of Joe Kelly in the 8th inning.
I would rather put Drew pomeratz on the playoff roster than Kelly and Pomeratz sucks.

So sick of Joe Kelly in the 8th inning.
I would rather put Drew pomeratz on the playoff roster than Kelly and Pomeratz sucks.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Hate Kelly all you want. But NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODrew

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Hate Kelly all you want. But NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODrew
I put Pomeratz just because he is left handed and he wouldn’t be put in any high leverage situation.

Cora can’t stop putting Kelly in a spot he sucks in.
I don’t want either and honestly hope Pointer or Robby Scott make the playoff roster over both.

I mean Drew has an era north of 6 and has been a dumpster fire. So he isn’t making the roster. If the Red Sox lose in the playoffs it will be partly due to Kelly no question. The guy goes out there and I just wait for something to go wrong. He is like a pretty version of Bob Stanley.

Thanks to Mr Cora for leaving JD and Xander on the bench today. It was going to take a miracle to win my fantasy playoff matchup but that kills any chance.

I put Pomeratz just because he is left handed and he wouldn’t be put in any high leverage situation.

Cora can’t stop putting Kelly in a spot he sucks in.
I don’t want either and honestly hope Pointer or Robby Scott make the playoff roster over both.

Pretty sure it's an extended trial run for the playoff roster. I think he keeps Kelly off. Or hope...

Pretty sure it's an extended trial run for the playoff roster. I think he keeps Kelly off. Or hope...
He really sucks.
I mean I can’t take it when he pitches in any close game. He always throws the same pitches and never adjusts. Just because you throw 98 doesn’t mean it can’t be hit. Mix in some changeups, splitters, change the eye level. He is a 2 pitch pitcher and the fastball is straight as an arrow.

The soft underbelly of the Sox strikes again - 7th and 8th inning relief.

Drives me nuts when relievers who throw in the mid to upper 90s are trying to throw breaking balls when behind on the count like Workman and Brasier did. They're afraid to make a mistake instead of challenging hitters right from the jump, instead they want to nibble. Have they watched the NYY lately? Most of their hitters have been scuffling for a while now.

The soft underbelly of the Sox strikes again - 7th and 8th inning relief.

Drives me nuts when relievers who throw in the mid to upper 90s are trying to throw breaking balls when behind on the count like Workman and Brasier did. They're afraid to make a mistake instead of challenging hitters right from the jump, instead they want to nibble. Have they watched the NYY lately? Most of their hitters have been scuffling for a while now.
Eh I think the red sox are just experimenting right now. Not much really to play for.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom