Pierce-1b
Martinez-RF
Devers-3b
Bogaerts-SS
Bradley-CF
Vazquez-C
Rodriguez-P

My lineup game 4.

f this game. sigh. i made it to the 15th.
National League baseball just sucks.
Dodgers are more of an AL type of team by construction. So they aren’t bad.
The stupid no DH in NL games and DH in AL games is just stupid to decide a championship.
Play by 1 set of rules.

I'd start ERod tonight with Pomerantz in long relief. If Sox get behind by 3-4 runs early and we have to go to Pomerantz then I'm giving the game up. Do not tax the bullpen any further just let Pomerantz eat the innings even if he is getting shelled.

I wouldn't use Eovaldi until a Game 7. He's pitched plenty and needs the rest.

I would save Price for Game 6. He's pitched plenty too.

I'd save Porcello for relief in Game 6 or 7 with outside chance of using him in Game 5 in relief for a short stint.

Sox need much better ABs tonight. Hill is all curveball all the time. Some times he lacks command so Sox need to be patient and wear him down.

The more I am thinking about the lineup I really wish Holt could play SS over Bogaerts but if Mookie plays 2b then he needs Bogey.
The lineup needs all 3 OFs+ Mookie to start tonight.

No DH baseball on full display tonight.
Let’s take the 3 point line away from Eastern conference home games.
So i have no clue who starts tomorrow.
I don’t think Mookie can play 2b but that would be the best lineup play.

If we gotta deal with your stupid, wet, cold, 40 degree games, then...no DH for you!

I just woke up. Kinda feel like doing nothing whatsoever until the Cuse game starts.

Might get two TV’s into the same room for tonight. Beyond that, my whole day is pretty much already shot.

I was ready for it. Had a nap in the afternoon. :)

Retired guys... I worked a full day (with my new promotion I'll tell you about), then played hoops for a couple hours, went to grab some food beer, reacted to a release at one of my plants, then settled into the game.

Screw it, I'm going back to bed.

If we gotta deal with your stupid, wet, cold, 40 degree games, then...no DH for you!

I just woke up. Kinda feel like doing nothing whatsoever until the Cuse game starts.

Might get two TV’s into the same room for tonight. Beyond that, my whole day is pretty much already shot.
Your team is built like an AL team not an NL team.
Plus the weather would suck anywhere not in a Dome or in the South if you guys played Philly,Cubs, Yankees it would suck.
Two sets of rules are just dumb.

Also,
Your team is built like an AL team not an NL team.
Plus the weather would suck anywhere not in a Dome or in the South if you guys played Philly,Cubs, Yankees it would suck.
Two sets of rules are just dumb.

Im half joking and making more of the weather thing than it actually is on purpose...I do think just a few weeks earlier would make a huge difference though. The northeast weather really turns by late October. You get that miserable, damp coldness that goes right through your bones. Earlier October it’s more a crisp, coolness.

Dodgers are kinda built for anything, in terms of depth and versatility position wise. They play the matchups. I’ve learned to love it.

I did have trouble with two things last night...sticking to a “pitch count” even though Buehler was untouchable and not losing it whatsoever. I think he had two more in him. Definitely one more.

Also, Jansen for 2...when Baez has been lights out. Wasn’t sold on that.

Just hacking for the fences and refusing to play any type of small ball was irritating too.

Also,

Im half joking and making more of the weather thing than it actually is on purpose...I do think just a few weeks earlier would make a huge difference though. The northeast weather really turns by late October. You get that miserable, damp coldness that goes right through your bones. Earlier October it’s more a crisp, coolness.

Dodgers are kinda built for anything, in terms of depth and versatility position wise. They play the matchups. I’ve learned to love it.

I did have trouble with two things last night...sticking to a “pitch count” even though Buehler was untouchable and not losing it whatsoever. I think he had two more in him. Definitely one more.

Also, Jansen for 2...when Baez has been lights out. Wasn’t sold on that.

Just hacking for the fences and refusing to play any type of small ball was irritating too.

You move anymore forward in the spring and it won't work. Unless they get smart and just play the first two or three weeks in dome or warm weather stadiums. No one wants to go to Fenway in early April in a spring snowstorm.

You move anymore forward in the spring and it won't work. Unless they get smart and just play the first two or three weeks in dome or warm weather stadiums. No one wants to go to Fenway in early April in a spring snowstorm.

Bring back double headers...

Bring back double headers...

Sully from Southie will be so smashed, he'll actually have his hangover between games, then be hammered again by the second inning of the second game.

I'm tired of watching managers over-manage. JD Martinez (.330, 43, 130) has been out of the game longer than he was in it. I want to watch players play rather than managers manage. Yes, I'm also aware of Cora's record. I'll buy in after I see him do it more than once.

Joe Girardi was the king of overmanaging

Game 4 lineup
Betts CF
Benintendi LF
Pearce 1B
Martinez RF
Bogaerts SS
Nunez 3B
Holt 2B
Vazquez C
Rodriguez LHP

Not a fan of this lineup.

I was not expecting both pitchers to mow through the first 5 innings like they have. For the Red Sox, this performance by Rodriguez was super clutch.

I was not expecting both pitchers to mow through the first 5 innings like they have. For the Red Sox, this performance by Rodriguez was super clutch.
He won 13 games despite missing a number of starts because on an injury. He is no stiff.

Red Sox don’t have the lineup they played 162 + 2 playoff series with.
It’s the stupid rules but these games are completely different than how they play their games in AL parks.
It sucks but nothing will change.

Red Sox don’t have the lineup they played 162 + 2 playoff series with.
It’s the stupid rules but these games are completely different than how they play their games in AL parks.
It sucks but nothing will change.

A case of an NL fan not agreeing with an AL Fan.

Nothing wrong with NL Baseball, It is much better strategically from inning 6 thru 9. When it extends past 9 innings the NL game can become sillier, I agree, because the bench is more worn down and you can have wasted at bats.

Its not like first 2 series are anything like the first 162 games With all the days off, teams get creative with their bullpens and rotations whether they are in NL or AL parks.

Crap throw by Pearce set that all up. He side-arm flipped it. Gun the freaking thing right between Vazquez' tits and there's a good throw coming back.

Although, I can see how an AL fan hates the NL game (lose a key player), more than an NL Fan who may merely prefer the NL game but not really dislike the AL game.

Great comeback. What an exciting series.

I think the Dodgers were asking a lot out of Jansen, unless they were only bringing him for the heart of the lineup and using someone else in the 9th.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom