2018 Boston Red Sox Thread | Page 46 | Syracusefan.com

2018 Boston Red Sox Thread

J hate to be the Monday Morning QB on bullpen decisions... and I do like the strategy of going to bullpen once the starter encounters issues.

But another outing where a starter is not even allowed to get into any trouble at all while they are still pitching great. Rich Hill was doing great, and while statstics said he would hit the wall soon... you are up 4 runs at least let him allow one runner to get to second base before pulling the plug.

It literally makes me think we are living in the Twilight zone when I see the freaking President of the USA tweet what he did about Dave Roberts tonight.
It’s amazing and sad.

Great play Devers.

And Machado steps on another first baseman. Dirty ,,, not sure.
Just watched it on NESN. Manny veers off and it was 100% intentional. A real punk.

It literally makes me think we are living in the Twilight zone when I see the freaking President of the USA tweet what he did about Dave Roberts tonight.
It’s amazing and sad.
What did he tweet?

A case of an NL fan not agreeing with an AL Fan.

Nothing wrong with NL Baseball, It is much better strategically from inning 6 thru 9. When it extends past 9 innings the NL game can become sillier, I agree, because the bench is more worn down and you can have wasted at bats.

Its not like first 2 series are anything like the first 162 games With all the days off, teams get creative with their bullpens and rotations whether they are in NL or AL parks.
The “strategy” is negated by seeing pitchers’ futility at the plate and lameness on the base paths. Just pathetic, typically. And having to pull someone who is effective because his turn comes up in the order.

The “strategy” is negated by seeing pitchers’ futility at the plate and lameness on the base paths. Just pathetic, typically. And having to pull someone who is effective because his turn comes up in the order.

I hate it because in general, all this switching and subbing ultimately results in worse players being in the game. I want to see the best players on each team playing as much as possible.

Price going tonight and Sale back in Boston if necessary. Really hope Sale is ok.

Price going tonight and Sale back in Boston if necessary. Really hope Sale is ok.
I bet Sale is done.
Davey Tingle Fingers going in game 5 means the plan is Porcello in game 6, and Eovaldi game 7.
This is the best spot for Sale. Facing an easier lineup without the DH.
Sale can’t be healthy.

This is real mind you.
On the day of a major tragedy.

If Roberts was white, I don’t think Trump would’ve said anything.

I could be wrong, but that’s the type of thinking he has fostered with his words and actions.

Regardless, yet another example of him being an unprofessional moron.

If Roberts was white, I don’t think Trump would’ve said anything.

I could be wrong, but that’s the type of thinking he has fostered with his words and actions.

Regardless, yet another example of him being an unprofessional moron.
Not going into the racial aspect.

But all I picture now is those around him just turning on the TV to babysit him while they actually attend to running the nation.

Can you even imagine what the furor would have been if Obama had commented on a sporting event the night the Christian Church in Texas got shot up?

And I'll stop with politics here and now.

Is Dave Roberts pulling a McHale and helping his old team behind enemy lines? Roberts has been awful this series.

Is Dave Roberts pulling a McHale and helping his old team behind enemy lines? Roberts has been awful this series.

Jansen for 2 is just not the move anymore. He’s not nearly as good this year as he was the previous few years. Two games in a row.

Madson is terrible. He’s been terrible all year. They traded for him thinking he might find it again for the playoffs because he still throws hard and has a “good changeup”. Nope. Still terrible. He can’t locate his pitches or pitch with runners on.

I’m amazed at how it’s become the norm to pull pitchers throwing shutouts in the 7th inning or after 7. Two games in a row! Athletes have gotten bigger, stronger, faster, etc. except for pitchers who are all delicate little flowers that immediately stop being effective when they reach an arbitrary number of pitches? BS. Pure BS. If we pulled Orel Hershiser after 7 every game we wouldn’t have won in ‘88 either. Nerd baseball sucks.

Jansen for 2 is just not the move anymore. He’s not nearly as good this year as he was the previous few years. Two games in a row.

Madson is terrible. He’s been terrible all year. They traded for him thinking he might find it again for the playoffs because he still throws hard and has a “good changeup”. Nope. Still terrible. He can’t locate his pitches or pitch with runners on.

I’m amazed at how it’s become the norm to pull pitchers throwing shutouts in the 7th inning or after 7. Two games in a row! Athletes have gotten bigger, stronger, faster, etc. except for pitchers who are all delicate little flowers that immediately stop being effective when they reach an arbitrary number of pitches? BS. Pure BS. If we pulled Orel Hershiser after 7 every game we wouldn’t have won in ‘88 either. Nerd baseball sucks.

Indeed. I prefer to watch players play more than watching bean counters count.

Indeed. I prefer to watch players play more than watching bean counters count.

I hate the San Francisco Giants and Bumgarner, but...they let him finish games and won world series’s.

Now Hill isn’t the most durable and can’t always go deep. I thought he could’ve gotten us through 7 though.

And Walker Buehler? Man, he was hitting 99 in his last inning. He wasn’t losing anything. I don’t buy the “pitch count” thing. In an era of way too detailed stats, it’s such an arbitrary thing. Different body’s, different arms, different games. That kid was locked in. We won that one anyway, but clearly destroyed our bullpen in doing so because they all sucked yesterday.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom