2018 Boston Red Sox Thread | Syracusefan.com

2018 Boston Red Sox Thread

CuseFaninVT

2023-24 Iggy Winner Leading Rebounder
Might as well see what we can generate.

Amazing start to the season so far. At the end of the radio broadcast yesterday they mentioned the Sox had never started 8-1 in their history. So we've got that going for us.

So let's talk about the league's best starting rotation. And new guys added to the lineup who can actually hit and contribute (after a similarly rough start as another team...).

Congrats. Here's a little housewarming gift...
18708901_keystonelight_main.jpg

Sweet! I'll drink 8 now, and finish the remaining 7 after each win against the Yanks and the Orioles.
You'll need 8 to catch a decent buzz.

The season starts tomorrow.
Tampa and Miami might be the 2 worst teams in baseball.

Sox lineup isn’t good enough.
Bradley Jr. can’t hit enough.
Devers looks like a young stud at the plate.
Killer B’s need more power.

Rotation is still their strength.
Bullpen outside of Kimbrel blows.
As long as Pedroia is away from the team it won’t be hateable. That guy will ruin chemistry I wish he was out for the year.

We all know both Boston and New York will win around 90-95.
Atleast this year I would like to see the bats hit a little against the Yanks.
It was a bad matchup last year because John Wayne Farrell was told to make the players patient at the plate and as a result they hit for little power. Now they aren’t automatically taking pitches.

If bogaerts is out long term they are in trouble but it looked like he turned his ankle and will be out for the short term.

wonder if they would have jiggled the lineup to bring up the PED kid had he not screwed up? but they have a 3rd basemen so he might need to move somewhere

wonder if they would have jiggled the lineup to bring up the PED kid had he not screwed up? but they have a 3rd basemen so he might need to move somewhere
Chavis would have been trade bait.

Devers is the 3b now and he is only 20 years old.
Devers is a better prospect than Chavis.

Bogaerts isn’t out long term so they wouldn’t have called him up now.
Sox just lost a trade chip for this year.

39 degrees Fahrenheit at first pitch. Good grief.

Pedroia makes plays in his sleep that Nunez is 50/50 on.

Red Sox bats last year did very little against the Yankees.
I like they aren’t being passive and just take pitches now. They are looking to swing over walk.

So I missed the game last night.
However Price blows against the Yankees so that wasn’t shocking.
Him sucking wasn’t a problem but him tapping out after one inning is typical Price.
Austin spike was up on the slide and that is how Pedroia got hurt last year.
Clearly the Sox were sensitive to that type of slide.
Kelly nailed Austin in the back between the numbers. It wasn’t high so I don’t get him complaining. The brawl was both sides defending.
I don’t see why it’s causing anymore crap. The Red Sox didn’t go after the Yankees stars they hit Austin. He charged it should be over.

I don’t get the need for retaliation. If the Yankees hit anyone but Holt they will get one of Stanton/Sanchez/Judge drilled back.

So I missed the game last night.
However Price blows against the Yankees so that wasn’t shocking.
Him sucking wasn’t a problem but him tapping out after one inning is typical Price.
Austin spike was up on the slide and that is how Pedroia got hurt last year.
Clearly the Sox were sensitive to that type of slide.
Kelly nailed Austin in the back between the numbers. It wasn’t high so I don’t get him complaining. The brawl was both sides defending.
I don’t see why it’s causing anymore crap. The Red Sox didn’t go after the Yankees stars they hit Austin. He charged it should be over.

I don’t get the need for retaliation. If the Yankees hit anyone but Holt they will get one of Stanton/Sanchez/Judge drilled back.
It’s over.

The days of the sux starting every game off by hitting Jeter in the head are long gone.

Then god forbid the Yankees go inside just 1x on the big steroid, for the sux and their lapdog media would then reopen the Spanish Inquisition.

Love watching the yankees and redsox but heads while the jays try to build some momentum.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom