2018 Boston Red Sox Thread | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

2018 Boston Red Sox Thread

3) He is able and attempts to remain on the base (except home plate) after completion of the slide; nope

it wasn't so much illegal as sloppy and dangerous, if he slides on the proper leg none of the rest happens except for sliding so late he almost rips his onw butt off bouncing over the bag.

Looks like we are moving back to 4 hour games.

Sanchez is going to eat one in the future for that.
Are you referring To the Hanley hit by pitch or something else ? I had to miss a little bit of the game.

Sanchez is going to eat one in the future for that.

The thing about Sanchez is that you wonder when the NYY are going to realize he's not a major league catcher. Would be a great luxury to have a solid hitting catcher with a strong arm like Sanchez but once and a while you have to catch the ball, too.

Are you referring To the Hanley hit by pitch or something else ? I had to miss a little bit of the game.
Yeah Hanley injured his hand.
They won’t retaliate tonight but they will hit someone in the future.

But I was referring to the blunder he made in the field.

Showing up unannounced again, eh?
Actually, you have me to thank for the existence of this thread. I'll be stopping by occasionally because I know you miss me.

So you agree the runner went in with spikes up and he messed up. Cool, that's all we were looking for.

No what you are looking for is agreement that it was a dirty play...for it to be a dirty play it would have been intentional, which Holt implies that Austin made a mistake, but didn't do it intentionally and shouldn't have been any retribution, especially not a brawl as a result. So as usual the sux got their feelings hurt, threw a tantrum and took it further than it needed...

No what you are looking for is agreement that it was a dirty play...for it to be a dirty play it would have been intentional, which Holt implies that Austin made a mistake, but didn't do it intentionally and shouldn't have been any retribution, especially not a brawl as a result. So as usual the sux got their feelings hurt, threw a tantrum and took it further than it needed...

I'm not quite sure how anyone watches the play and doesn't believe it was intentional.

I get it though, you all got whooped in this 3 game series and you're disappointed.

Last edited:
I'm not quite sure how anyone watches the play and doesn't believe it was intentional.

I get it though, you all got whooped in this 3 game series and you're angry. Take your ball and run home.
I'm a Yankees fan, die hard for years. At first I did not think the slide was intentional, but after watching the replay a couple times and talking to others, I unfortunately now think it was intentional. And yes, you whooped us this time. No excuses. Still 15 or 16 more to go for Yanks vs. Sox this year, season is young.

I'm a Yankees fan, die hard for years. At first I did not think the slide was intentional, but after watching the replay a couple times and talking to others, I unfortunately now think it was intentional. And yes, you whooped us this time. No excuses. Still 15 or 16 more to go for Yanks vs. Sox this year, season is young.

There you go. It's going to be a battle all year long, no doubt about that. These games are going to make us all lose sleep this summer.

I get it though, you all got whooped in this 3 game series and you're disappointed.

I am just going by what the sux's SS said...so not only do you disagree with what a majority of impartial analysts and observers think, you disagree with a player from your team? Got it...typical irrational sux fan thinking...

The Yankees got whooped in the first game...wouldn't call the other games a whooping...guess just another example of that irrational thinking gene in every sux fan...

I am just going by what the sux's SS said...so not only do you disagree with what a majority of impartial analysts and observers think, you disagree with a player from your team? Got it...typical irrational sux fan thinking...

The Yankees got whooped in the first game...wouldn't call the other games a whooping...guess just another example of that irrational thinking gene in every sux fan...

He was being politically correct. Whatever. This is why Yanks fans will always be more hated than the rest.

He was being politically correct. Whatever. This is why Yanks fans will always be more hated than the rest.
Oh he was???

So you talked to him, I guess.

I thought he was pretty honest and funny throughout his entire interview.

But I take your version of calling him a liar if you insist.

Oh he was???

So you talked to him, I guess.

I thought he was pretty honest and funny throughout his entire interview.

But I take your version of calling him a liar if you insist.
Intent or not going spikes up is dirty.
I don’t think it’s a big deal but it’s a dirty play.
Baseball has these stupid unwritten rules.
The Sox drilled Austin in a safe spot and he took his right to charge the pitcher. This incident is over. It does build up hate between the teams which is good for the sport.

You don’t follow foreign soccer I bet but this rivalry is like Liverpool-Man United.
If you go spikes up and catch the middle infielder you are going to get drilled.

The Sox drilled Austin in a safe spot and he took his right to charge the pitcher. This incident is over. It does build up hate between the teams which is good for the sport.

You don’t follow foreign soccer I bet but this rivalry is like Liverpool-Man United.
If you go spikes up and catch the middle infielder you are going to get drilled.
I wouldn’t have a problem with it per say if they drilled him his 1st time up.

But they didnt. Strike 1.

Then, Kelly took a shot and MISSED!!! Strike 2.

Then he threw a legit pitch. For what?? To make the ump or Austin think he was safe?? Strike 3.

That’s it, it’s done right there. That’s the code. You get 1 shot. sux basically took 3!!

The sux phlucked tbat up royally.

It’s why all baseball is laughing at them.

Well that and Judge pushing the whole team back into their dugout.

Totally weak.

Anyway, last night went as expected, sux hold serve and no fight.

See you on 5/8...

I wouldn’t have a problem with it per say if they drilled him his 1st time up.

But they didnt. Strike 1.

Then, Kelly took a shot and MISSED!!! Strike 2.

Then he threw a legit pitch. For what?? To make the ump or Austin think he was safe?? Strike 3.

That’s it, it’s done right there. That’s the code. You get 1 shot. sux basically took 3!!

The sux phlucked tbat up royally.

It’s why all baseball is laughing at them.

Well that and Judge pushing the whole team back into their dugout.

Totally weak.

Anyway, last night went as expected, sux hold serve and no fight.

See you on 5/8...
Baseball isn’t laughing and the retaliation doesn’t have to come in the next at bat.
Years ago CC drilled Ortiz 2 games after a Red Sox hit a Yankee.
It was done late in the game and while he missed the first time it wasn’t like they head hunted Kelly hit him in the ribs/back the 2nd time.

It’s over.

Much like this site...

Baseball isn’t laughing and the retaliation doesn’t have to come in the next at bat.
It was done late in the game and while he missed the first time it wasn’t like they head hunted Kelly hit him in the ribs/back the 2nd time.

It’s over.
The Yankees STILL owe the big steroid about 100 beanings for why they did to Jeter.

It’s over.

Nothing seems to be over with those guys with the pinstripes. You'd think after all the championships they would be a bit more secure in their manhood.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom