2018 Fall Camp: Practice #7, Thurs. August 9 | Syracusefan.com

2018 Fall Camp: Practice #7, Thurs. August 9

CuseLegacy

Thursday, August 9
9:35 a.m. - 11:45 a.m. Practice #7 (open to media for the first 10 minutes beginning at 9:35 a.m.)
11:50 a.m. Interviews: Select requested offensive players

Is the schedule that SU released reflecting central standard time or is Bailey time traveling again. By my clock, the open period doesn't start for another 5 minutes.

Maybe I'm just groggy and if so I'll just delete this whole post later. Nothing lasts forever on the internet.

Queeley...
Not surprised. Hendrix is the better prospect with the higher ceiling, but Queeley performed at a very high level in a similar offense in hs.

Dino likes to see what his young uns can do. Very smart. Give them reps and keep the likely starters always looking over their shoulder.

Lots of shuffle around the 1st team offense and defense. From my experience, this is usually coaches wanting to see guys in different scenarios and how they look on the 1st team.

On D I noticed freshmen, Trill Williams and Juan Wallace got reps w/ the 1s on defense. freshman wideout Anthony Queely got some reps on O w/ the 1st team.

Better to stick with the positive than negatives b/c it’s practice. On defense, I like Trill. He’s going to be an All-ACC player by his Junior season. Big, athletic and instinctive.

His coverage was sound and much more advanced than your typical freshman. On the sideline, you can tell cornerbacks coach Kim McCloud is trying to get him ready. He’s still learning but trill was a great pickup for the Orange.

Another freshman DB, safety Cam Jonas looked strong. Dropped into the box a few times and clogged running lanes. Knee looked strong.

Between the o-line and d-line, I’d argue the D-line won the period. Numerous sacks and a few stops near or behind the LOS. Hard to tell who was who from the angles but they looked good against both the run and pass with little to no help from the blitz.

On offense WRs Devin Butler and Queely looked the sharpest. Queely is impressive. I think he’s ahead of the rest of the freshman in terms of getting a good release at the line and speed in and out of his breaks. Didn’t get a target in the period but you can see the ability.

Cam Jordan, RBT and Sharod better begin to separate themselves

Have to wonder which established wr suffers most from queeley and hendrix asserting themselves.

I think Mr. Riley. Have not heard much of him.

FEAST of info today!
tenor.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom