Class of 2018 - 2018 Grad Transfers | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 2018 Grad Transfers

Status
Not open for further replies.
The whole team sucked on defense. Without those two, we wouldn't have the consecutive winning season streak we currently have.

I'd say White and Gillon were the two of the biggest issues why the defense sucked. Gillon was too small and out of place while White wasn't big enough for the back line or quick enough to play the top.

I'd say White and Gillon were the two of the biggest issues why the defense sucked. Gillon was too small and out of place while White wasn't big enough for the back line or quick enough to play the top.

Taurean Thompson (and his Mom) say Hi!

White worked his way up to "not bad" on D by the end of the season.

JG played about 10 minutes of good D all year...
thankfully a snippet of that was on Kennard, right before we got the ball back to him for that epic last-second 3 FTW!!

... which was 10 minutes more than TT played.

Matadors objected to being compared to him, as they found it insulting - to them. :p

Taurean Thompson (and his Mom) say Hi!

White worked his way up to "not bad" on D by the end of the season.

JG played about 10 minutes of good D all year...
thankfully a snippet of that was on Kennard, right before we got the ball back to him for that epic last-second 3 FTW!!

... which was 10 minutes more than TT played.

Matadors objected to being compared to him, as they found it insulting - to them. :p

Agreed -- there were systemic issues on defense, it wasn't just those two [although they contributed].

View attachment 125021
Might be a good player off the bench for a high major team. Led the nation in steals this year. Was top-10 previous two years as well.

Shot a robust 37% from the field while hitting on 28% from beyond the arc. I know next year's team should be better offensively, but if SU is going the grad route, I hope they find better options.

Prepare yourself for a heavy dose of Bazely at the 5.

Carey/Howard/Hughes/brissett/Bazley.

That will be the crunch time 5 many nights.

Washington, Moyer Dolezaj/chukwu/Sidibe and sliding Carey to the bench make for a great set of options and flexibility.

And I was beginning to think I was the only one thinking this.

And I was beginning to think I was the only one thinking this.
Bazley is shorter and weighs less than McCollough he can’t play in the middle unless we want to get destroyed,
He isn’t strong enough.

Bazley is shorter and weighs less than McCollough he can’t play in the middle unless we want to get destroyed,
He isn’t strong enough.
See Tyler Lydon.

See Tyler Lydon.
I have seen Bazley in person.
His body is like Hakim Warrick but Bazley is a couple of inches taller.
Lydon’s body is a lot thicker than Bazley’s and Lydon wasn’t thick.

Bazley isn’t a 5 in the zone.

I have seen Bazley in person.
His body is like Hakim Warrick but Bazley is a couple of inches taller.
Lydon’s body is a lot thicker than Bazley’s and Lydon wasn’t thick.

Bazley isn’t a 5 in the zone.
Not saying he is...but, like Lydon and even Dolezaj, he's more than capable of filling in when necessary.

I am going to beat the Ryan Luther drum until he ends up at TCU.

That is the type of grad transfer we could. A role player and could play either 4 or 5.

I am going to beat the Ryan Luther drum until he ends up at TCU.

That is the type of grad transfer we could. A role player and could play either 4 or 5.

If Brissett comes back, we have:

Bazley -- Can play 4 or 5 (potentially)
Brissett -- Can play 3 or 4
Dolezaj -- Can play 3, 4 or 5
Moyer -- Can play 3 or 4
Hughes -- Can play 3
Chukwu -- Can play 5
Sidibe -- Can play 5

That's seven guys who all have playing/starting experience at the D1 level for three spots. Why would Luther come here if that's the competition for one year?

If Brissett comes back, we have:

Bazley -- Can play 3 or 4
Brissett -- Can play 3 or 4
Dolezaj -- Can play 3, 4 or 5
Moyer -- Can play 3 or 4
Hughes -- Can play 2 or 3
Chukwu -- Can play 5
Sidibe -- Can play 5

That's seven guys who all have playing/starting experience at the D1 level for three spots. Why would Luther come here if that's the competition for one year?

FIFY.

Just because DBaze is tall, doesn't mean he can play the 5.
(it also doesn't mean he can't - see: Lydon, Marek)

Given that Marek has already done that - we don't need a 4th string backup for that position, especially if it takes our most versatile Forward away from his natural position unnecessarily.

While Hughes 'can' play the 3, given our depth at F, it's unlikely we ever need him to do so.
Example: Mali was a "3" only because that's where we had room for him to get starters minutes, not because he was best as a 3.

FIFY.

Given that Marek has already done that - we don't need a 4th string backup for that position, especially if it takes our most versatile Forward away from his natural position unnecessarily.

While Hughes 'can' play the 3, given our depth at , it's unlikely we ever need him to do so.
Example: Mali was a "3" only because that's where we had room for him to get starters minutes, not because he was best as a 3.

Only reason I put Bazley as a 5 option is because it's been mentioned by others before.

I was only looking at frontcourt options for that specific example and did not mention the Hughes at the 2 because it doesn't pertain to the frontcourt.

If you go after a grad transfer, it has to be a player that knows his role and doesn't have NBA aspirations. He's going to have to fall in line and realize that he'll simply be a role player that might average anywhere from 12-15 mins per game.

FIFY.

While Hughes 'can' play the 3, given our depth at , it's unlikely we ever need him to do so.

Yeah, it will be interesting to see re: Bazely. He has got to get stronger up top. Just looking at him compared to the other burger boy PF/SFs in some of these clips recently; he is a beanpole. Looks like his lower body is stronger. Obviously he is very skilled but I think he is still a ways from making an impact regularly scoring in the paint. He also plays more like a 2G it seems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom