2018 Masters | Syracusefan.com

2018 Masters

That's really interesting stuff. If you watch the end of the 1968 video, it shows the green jacket ceremony after Roberto de Vincenzo signed for the wrong score making Bob Goalby the winner.

A tradition unlike any other...

Seeing Gary Player in that picture reminded me of a time when I met Mr. Player on a golf course in Westchester, NY about 15 years ago. It was a Golf Outing and Player stayed at one Par 3 (about 170 yards uphill) on the course and everybody in the Outing would eventually play that hole with Player.

When it was our turn I walked up to the tee box and, as was my habit at the time, put the ball down without using a tee. I am just about to go into my back swing when I hear a voice in a South African accent say "young man, when they allow you to tee it up, you tee it up". Sheepishly I step back from the ball, reach into my pocket and pull out a tee. I end up hitting a nice shot about 15 feet from the hole. In fact I was inside Player's shot as he was about 20 feet away. He steps up and drains his putt. Of course I rolled mine right by the hole about ten feet past and end up with a three putt. Nice choke job.

One other thing I remember about that day. Player, who had to be at least mid 60s at the time, talked about his exercise regimen. He would do 200 push ups and 200 sit ups every night before he went to bed, whether he was at home or on the road. Guy is an animal.

Phil in 2018
No doubt a Phil vs Tiger final pairing on Sunday would break all kinds of records but I think it's the other lefty that's going to win.

No doubt a Phil vs Tiger final pairing on Sunday would break all kinds of records but I think it's the other lefty that's going to win.
Bubba is a force again.

I’m betting both.

Rory is at the top of his game, and he wants a Masters win badly. I'd love to see Kucher get one, but I don't know that his game fits the course.

Kucher seems to get into position mid sat and then fall flat.. he is more of grinder than a scorer

Dont think Tiger has a shot you cant play Irons off the tee here.

Phil has gone silent since the win, but he will be there but not sure late.

Kucher seems to get into position mid sat and then fall flat.. he is more of grinder than a scorer

Dont think Tiger has a shot you cant play Irons off the tee here.

Phil has gone silent since the win, but he will be there but not sure late.
Phil went to Augusta for a month...and now he’s -5 at Houston, 6 off the pace.

Bubba is a force again.

I’m betting both.

Augusta is made for lefties. Bubba and Phil have had their most major success here, and are both great picks. If you had to name the third best lefty of the past 20 years it is probably Mike Weir, and he also won at the Masters in his peak season of 2003.

Beau Hossler is tearing it up at the Houston Open today. 4 birdies in a row on the back nine so far to take the lead from Ian Poulter

Beau Hossler is tearing it up at the Houston Open today. 4 birdies in a row on the back nine so far to take the lead from Ian Poulter

While I was glad to see Ian Poulter win and get into the Masters, I felt bad for Hossler. From trap to lake in sudden death.

Okay, bucket list item will be checked off this week as my brother scored badges to Sunday’s final round. I’m super pumped. I’ve been staring at paintings of Augusta on my office wall for years.

For those that have had the privilege of attending this finest of sporting events, please feel free to give this Augusta National virgin some veteran advice.

FWIW, I’m flying into Atlanta on Saturday afternoon, driving over early Sunday morning.

I'm officially going with Bubba or Justin Rose to win.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom