2018 Mets thread | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

2018 Mets thread

if Cespedes would just be close to the good Cespedes they can compete. Conforto and Nimmo can be solid enough.. figure out first base and Flores can fill have of that need.. I really hope the kid they just moved to AAA is that answer by next year.

the Mets couldnt score for weeks and now have found a way to lose scoring 8 and 8 the last 2 nights.

the Mets couldnt score for weeks and now have found a way to lose scoring 8 and 8 the last 2 nights.

They didn't score in the last four innings against the Rockies' horrible bullpen. Seth Lugo's ERA has gone from 1.77 to 2.85 in the last two games. He's gotten 24 guys out, put 17 on base and 11 of those scored, although only 8 of them were earned. he needs to go back to his bullpen role.

They didn't score in the last four innings against the Rockies' horrible bullpen. Seth Lugo's ERA has gone from 1.77 to 2.85 in the last two games. He's gotten 24 guys out, put 17 on base and 11 of those scored, although only 8 of them were earned. he needs to go back to his bullpen role.
Im not too worried about lugo he us a curveball pitcher tough to throw one at corrrs field.

if you were watching the pitch tracker last night he was having a tough time because 50% of his pitches were strikes according to mlb but called balls. it got him in the hole way to much.

Long overdue calling out of Sandy. Arrogant, pompous jackass.

Long overdue calling out of Sandy. Arrogant, pompous jackass.

Frankly, that diatribe is misdirected. Alderson was the A's GM from 1981-98. Wikipedia: "In 1981, Alderson joined Eisenhardt to become the Athletics' general counsel and in 1983 was named the team's general manager, a position he held through 1997. Under Alderson, the Athletics' minor league system was rebuilt, which bore fruit later that decade as José Canseco (1986), Mark McGwire (1987), and Walt Weiss (1988) were chosen as American League Rookies of the Year. The Athletics won four division titles, three pennants and the 1989 World Series during Alderson's tenure.

In 1995, team owner Walter A. Haas, Jr. died and new owners Stephen Schott and Ken Hofmann ordered Alderson to slash payroll. As a result, Alderson began focusing on sabermetric principles toward obtaining relatively undervalued players.[4] He was a mentor to his eventual successor as general manager, Billy Beane."

Much of what you saw in "Moneyball" was actually Alderson's work being credited to Beane. He's not responsible for all the injuries or for choosing the wrong re-treads to fill in. He's also not responsible for Las Vegas being so far away: they've already fixed that by buying the Chiefs. The real problem is the Wilpons, who run a big market team like it was a small market team because they gave all money to Bernie Madoff. That the Mets made it to World Series was a miracle and we don't know what this team would be like fully healthy.

If anything, it's the writer who came off like an "Arrogant, pompous jackass".

if they were a softball team they would be fine. seems like every game they lose after the 7th inning

Haven't been in this thread for a while. Things are going well, right??

Frankly, that diatribe is misdirected. Alderson was the A's GM from 1981-98. Wikipedia: "In 1981, Alderson joined Eisenhardt to become the Athletics' general counsel and in 1983 was named the team's general manager, a position he held through 1997. Under Alderson, the Athletics' minor league system was rebuilt, which bore fruit later that decade as José Canseco (1986), Mark McGwire (1987), and Walt Weiss (1988) were chosen as American League Rookies of the Year. The Athletics won four division titles, three pennants and the 1989 World Series during Alderson's tenure.

In 1995, team owner Walter A. Haas, Jr. died and new owners Stephen Schott and Ken Hofmann ordered Alderson to slash payroll. As a result, Alderson began focusing on sabermetric principles toward obtaining relatively undervalued players.[4] He was a mentor to his eventual successor as general manager, Billy Beane."

Much of what you saw in "Moneyball" was actually Alderson's work being credited to Beane. He's not responsible for all the injuries or for choosing the wrong re-treads to fill in. He's also not responsible for Las Vegas being so far away: they've already fixed that by buying the Chiefs. The real problem is the Wilpons, who run a big market team like it was a small market team because they gave all money to Bernie Madoff. That the Mets made it to World Series was a miracle and we don't know what this team would be like fully healthy.

If anything, it's the writer who came off like an "Arrogant, pompous jackass".

Absolving Alderson of any responsibility is asinine. He's drafted poorly. He's the reason why the farm system has no talent and he has a poor eye for talent. Cespedes was not his first option. Had it not been for Carlos Gomez failing his physical, he'd have been a Met while giving away Wheeler and Flores. Alderson hasn't built a contender since 1989.

It tuned into SNY, say Broadway Boxing was on, assumed the Mets had the night off and watched a movie.

Lucky me. :rolleyes:

i'm a life long mets fan, and i love degrom . . . but i would like to see him traded because he deserves so much better than what he's gotten from the mets. hall of fame stuff but just a little better than pedestrian w/l record. hopefully future hof voters look beyond that . . .

i'm a life long mets fan, and i love degrom . . . but i would like to see him traded because he deserves so much better than what he's gotten from the mets. hall of fame stuff but just a little better than pedestrian w/l record. hopefully future hof voters look beyond that . . .
Any voters that would consider a pitcher’s win-loss record will be dead by then.

this team went like 300 games without blowing late inning multi run leads and has now blown like 6 this year.

He had a late start to his career, it might be tough for him to put together great HOF credentials.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom