2018 Mets thread | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

2018 Mets thread

The 14-2 rout of the Padres made me hear my dad: Save some runs for tomorrow! I wonder what Tuesday's score will be.

Cespedes predicts he will be out three days with the jammed thumb. Hopefully it will not be longer as he was just snapping out of his slump.

The 14-2 rout of the Padres made me hear my dad: Save some runs for tomorrow! I wonder what Tuesday's score will be.

Or maybe they would let the Mets use those runs for the previous day.

I still have nightmares of Chipper Jones destroying the Mets all those years rather at Shea or Turner Field...make it stop!

It was actually a well played game with a nice pace to it.

Now it's Freddy Freeman. they said he was 10 for 20 vs. Syndergaard.

Jacob DeGrom came out of the game tonight with a hyper-extended left elbow. No further details.

And so it begins...:(:mad::confused::oops:

Last edited:
Jason Vargas, in two starts has gotten 25 outs and given up 25 baserunners, 15 of whom have scored. His WHIP is 3.27 and his ERA is 16.20. Last year for Kansas City he got 539 outs, put 239 guys on base, 84 of whom scored. His WHIP was 1.33 and his ERA 4.16, (neither of which is great: he got good support to go 18-11).

He doesn't appear to be the answer.

This first place Atlanta Braves fan will just "sweep" up around here before I show myself out.

since april 14, the mets are tied for 2nd worst record in the nl. only the reds are worse.

Things have come back to reality in record time this year.
This is on Alderson's pitching focused approach and the Wilson's scrap heap approach...

In modern baseball you can't rely on a dominant pitching staff and that's it... Hitters are too good and pitchers get hurt too often for that to work anymore. Also if that's the approach you are going to take then you need to have a really good D behind it. The biggest weakness going into the season was starting pitching and catching... Mets tried to solve it by a) hoping that their starters would get better and b) getting Vargas of the scrap heap and c) going into the year with the same catchers as last year.

There's also a reason AGON, Frazier and those dudes were so cheap to sign. Their best years are well behind them... again everyone else in baseball is going with young talent aided by some vets and the Mets are buying off the 30+ scrap heap because the Wilsons are cheap.

The window for the current generation of this franchise shut in 2016 I believe...

This is on Alderson's pitching focused approach and the Wilson's scrap heap approach...

In modern baseball you can't rely on a dominant pitching staff and that's it... Hitters are too good and pitchers get hurt too often for that to work anymore. Also if that's the approach you are going to take then you need to have a really good D behind it. The biggest weakness going into the season was starting pitching and catching... Mets tried to solve it by a) hoping that their starters would get better and b) getting Vargas of the scrap heap and c) going into the year with the same catchers as last year.

There's also a reason AGON, Frazier and those dudes were so cheap to sign. Their best years are well behind them... again everyone else in baseball is going with young talent aided by some vets and the Mets are buying off the 30+ scrap heap because the Wilsons are cheap.

The window for the current generation of this franchise shut in 2016 I believe...

Deep breaths...a whole lot of baseball left to play. They were not as good as the 10-1 start and not as bad as they have been recently. I think they will at a minimum compete for a wildcard spot.

On another note, the Braves have accumulated some nice talent/assets since they have stunk for a good bit.

I disagree on Frazier, he's a good player, they got a good deal there I think. I pretty much agree with everything else though.

going into the year with the same catchers as last year.
if only that was true . . . never should have let rene rivera go. better bat than either lobaton or nido and thor pitched his best when rene was behind the dish. harvey, too, for that matter.

Last edited:
i see bruce is going to play 1b today, to get nimmo's bat in the lineup

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom