2018 Mets thread | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

2018 Mets thread

Plawecki is injured too. But one writer posited that with Nido and Lobaton we may be better off. At least at the plate.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.218d1a8dd399

This hot start might be somewhat sustainable. Eiland has done wonders with Familia thus far. LOVE having a manager who knows how to use the bullpen.

Harvey is toast, but if deGrom and Thor pitch like they are capable of, and Matz is a serviceable #3 then it's ok because we also have Vargas. I would like to get another arm at the deadline though.

The best thing about this hot start is that to get to 90 wins, all a team needs to be is 18 games over .500 at the end of the season. 90 wins may get you the NL East division this year. The Nats don't seem to be invincible like the last two years.

A 11-1 start means you're more than 1/2 way there to the requisite 18 games over. Huge to have these bankable wins so early in the season, and our schedule is very favorable until Memorial Day.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.218d1a8dd399

This hot start might be somewhat sustainable. Eiland has done wonders with Familia thus far. LOVE having a manager who knows how to use the bullpen.

Harvey is toast, but if deGrom and Thor pitch like they are capable of, and Matz is a serviceable #3 then it's ok because we also have Vargas. I would like to get another arm at the deadline though.
I think it's to early to say Harvey is toast with a 3.60 ERA so far. That's still respectable.

I think it's to early to say Harvey is toast with a 3.60 ERA so far. That's still respectable.

I'm pro Harvey being toast. Velocity is way down. Swinging strikes are down. Time will tell, but I am not optimistic

If this group can stay healthy enough it is definitely sustainable. Good depth in pen and rotation as well as solid offensive depth too.

I'm pro Harvey being toast. Velocity is way down. Swinging strikes are down. Time will tell, but I am not optimistic
He's stinking up the joint tonight so far.

I have to give you credit the guy is trash. When Vargas comes back he should be sent down to the minors.

My father was a Yankee fan first (as am I) but he loved all baseball and insisted that my sisters and I watch both the Yankees and Mets growing up. I have great memories of those early Mets teams, and Tom Seaver is still my favorite. Hope the Mets have as great season that lands them in a Subway Series.

The Yankees need to hold up their end of the bargain. Don’t be so sure they will.

The Yankees need to hold up their end of the bargain. Don’t be so sure they will.
Hell, I must have missed the part where the Mets won the pennant.

Hell, I must have missed the part where the Mets won the pennant.

The Yankees have pitching issues. Their rotation is extremely top heavy. The Mets winning their division is much more likely than the Yankees winning the AL East. Boston is much, much better than Washington.

Maybe they put him in the pen?

If anything they'll come up with a phantom injury and have him miss two months. If Matz can keep it rolling, you slot Vargas in and have Wheeler and Harvey duke it out for starts.

If this group can stay healthy enough it is definitely sustainable. Good depth in pen and rotation as well as solid offensive depth too.

I'd like to see us get another bullpen arm and a catcher at the deadline. Realmuto would be amazing on this team. He'd lengthen the lineup immensely.

I'd like to see us get another bullpen arm and a catcher at the deadline. Realmuto would be amazing on this team. He'd lengthen the lineup immensely.

I have no idea what a Realmuto trade would look like; he's not so expensive that the Marlins need to move him now, and our system is a little barren. But yes, he would be perfect.

Realmuto would be perfect for the Mets. My fear is what would the Marlins want for him though.

Lagares + arm would be fine with me. I like what Nimmo brings more than a small amount of extra D

Lagares + arm would be fine with me. I like what Nimmo brings more than a small amount of extra D
He is an all star...prob cost a great of bit more than Lagares +. Marlins are going cheap so they'd want Nimmo + +.

sometimes you get to cute changing out pitchers.

Yeah. I hate to say this, but Ramos should have been brought in first with Familia ready to go.

If you can’t pitch Ramos with a five run lead, then when can you pitch him? And all this talk by Mickey about using Familia in high leverage spots is nonsense. If that was the case, then Familia should have been brought in, not Lugo, and then left Ramos for the 9th.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom