2018 Mets thread | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

2018 Mets thread

Yeah. I hate to say this, but Ramos should have been brought in first with Familia ready to go.

If you can’t pitch Ramos with a five run lead, then when can you pitch him? And all this talk by Mickey about using Familia in high leverage spots is nonsense. If that was the case, then Familia should have been brought in, not Lugo, and then left Ramos for the 9th.

Or just have Jake keep going. He was at 103 pitches. Could have lasted another batter or the inning and escaped with under 115 pitches

Yeah. I hate to say this, but Ramos should have been brought in first with Familia ready to go.

If you can’t pitch Ramos with a five run lead, then when can you pitch him? And all this talk by Mickey about using Familia in high leverage spots is nonsense. If that was the case, then Familia should have been brought in, not Lugo, and then left Ramos for the 9th.

He wanted Blevins to face Harper, so you're somewhat kinda stuck. I guess you could've left Jake in to face Kendrick, but it seemed like Jake was getting pretty gassed. Velocity seemed down a little.

He wanted Blevins to face Harper, so you're somewhat kinda stuck. I guess you could've left Jake in to face Kendrick, but it seemed like Jake was getting pretty gassed. Velocity seemed down a little.
It would have been better than bringing in lugo for one batter I still have faith in him to get an out.

It would have been better than bringing in lugo for one batter I still have faith in him to get an out.

yeah I could go either way on that, it's a tough spot because Degrom is clearly weakening, but you need Blevins to face Harper, so it's either a clearly gassed Jake for another batter, or burning Lugo for one batter

Why is Reyes still on the roster?

This is an excellent question

Why is Reyes still on the roster?
Been wondering this myself. He looked lost in his big at bat and couldn't even make contact. Unless he does a 180, I don't see him on the roster by the midway point.

Been wondering this myself. He looked lost in his big at bat and couldn't even make contact. Unless he does a 180, I don't see him on the roster by the midway point.

Because he's the backup SS. You don't want Cabrera serving that role. But by the same token, yeah, he looks done.

Because he's the backup SS. You don't want Cabrera serving that role. But by the same token, yeah, he looks done.

Yeah, it's just funny, because Reyes is a pretty bad SS at this point. But I agree, that's the reason.

Ahhh Let Flores/Cabrera be the backup ss. No need to waste a bench player on a run down Reyes.
I loved that the Mets took a chance on Reyes but it's time to say goodbye. He had a fine career overall as a Met. Go out with some dignity.

Everybody feel better now? (I've been in a funk for two days. )

Let's Go Mets!

Keith said now it's one- Mets and Nationals all summer long!

Ahhh Let Flores/Cabrera be the backup ss. No need to waste a bench player on a run down Reyes.

When TJ Rivera recovers from the surgery that is in his name, he'll be the utility IF guy. Not Reyes. Reyes is a cut candidate.

When TJ Rivera recovers from the surgery that is in his name, he'll be the utility IF guy. Not Reyes. Reyes is a cut candidate.

The only problem is that Rivera can't play SS. (I know, Reyes can't either)

I feel really bad for Matt. Hard to go from being an elite talent to someone who is struggling to stay in the starting rotation is less than 2.5 years. The world was his oyster until his body began to betray him. I sincerely believe that it is all mental at this point. He puts an enormous amount of pressure on him to be what he once was. He needs to see a sports psychologist and then the healing can truly begin. One thing is for sure, he is going to need a strong support system around him this Winter as he sees Machado, Harper and Kershaw get those big deals we all thought he would get in 2015, even after TJ when he bounced back.

Still think they should've traded him after 2015.

Hindsight is great, but I definitely remember thinking they should've traded some of their pitching at that point. The odds were always good they wouldn't all pan out.

Harvey would have been coming off a season where he returned from TJ and looked great, and was under control for 3 years. Maybe you couldn't have gotten Mookie for him, but probably could've gotten something awesome.

Hindsight is great, but I definitely remember thinking they should've traded some of their pitching at that point. The odds were always good they wouldn't all pan out.

Harvey would have been coming off a season where he returned from TJ and looked great, and was under control for 3 years. Maybe you couldn't have gotten Mookie for him, but probably could've gotten something awesome.

Exactly. I don't know if there's record evidence on this board, but I remember complaining about this that fall and winter.

He'd pitched pretty well but also a) had the ridiculous skipping the playoff workout session incident and b) showed what I think is a lack of focus (for which Terry should share some blame) by getting into that shouting match with Terry before the 9th inning in Game 5.

He had real trade value then but I was no longer bullish on his future at a Met. Best case, he continued to pitch well, matured a bit, and ended up signing with the Yankees in a couple years (as friends liked to remind me). Worst case...well, here we are.

Exactly. I don't know if there's record evidence on this board, but I remember complaining about this that fall and winter.

He'd pitched pretty well but also a) had the ridiculous skipping the playoff workout session incident and b) showed what I think is a lack of focus (for which Terry should share some blame) by getting into that shouting match with Terry before the 9th inning in Game 5.

He had real trade value then but I was no longer bullish on his future at a Met. Best case, he continued to pitch well, matured a bit, and ended up signing with the Yankees in a couple years (as friends liked to remind me). Worst case...well, here we are.

I'm not gonna hold B against him, the dude was fired up, he wanted to stay in the game. Skipping the workout, yeah, it's not great.I definitely remember talking with friends about moving him for Boegarts at the time. No idea if the Sox would've been interested.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom