2018 Yankees Off Season / Spring Training Thread | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

2018 Yankees Off Season / Spring Training Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Supposedly for Starlin Castro plus 'good, but not top, prospects', according to MLB Trade Rumors.

Last edited:

It was previously indicated that Starlin Castro could be in a potential deal for Stanton in order to offset some of the cost the Yankees would be taking on. Going along with him to Miami would be three of the team’s second-tier prospects, though the names are not known for certain yet. This could mean that Gleyber Torres, Clint Frazier, and Estevan Florial are all safe, though with former Yankees farm manager Gary Denbo now with the Marlins, it’s possible he could nab someone worthwhile.

Is nobody else upset about losing Castro ?
Not really, his offensive numbers look impressive by old fashioned 2B standards, but he is really only the 6th or 7th offensive 2B in the American League.

Not really, his offensive numbers look impressive by old fashioned 2B standards, but he is really only the 6th or 7th offensive 2B in the American League.
Fair enough. I like and understand the move. Just have grown to like him the past couple years.

Fair enough. I like and understand the move. Just have grown to like him the past couple years.
I am not sure that I like the move. I am awaiting the final details. I am apprehensive about being committed to a 28 year old for ten years. The Yankees are finally gaining freedom from many of their long term contracts and they are immediately beginning the process again.

I am not sure that I like the move. I am awaiting the final details. I am apprehensive about being committed to a 28 year old for ten years. The Yankees are finally gaining freedom from many of their long term contracts and they are immediately beginning the process again.
True. Have to see which prospects are involved.

I hear you. But if the chance to bring him in without giving up too many elite prospects and established players presented itself, I can understand going for. Like you, I'll await the final details before trying to wrap my head around this.

Well, if it results in even one championship, it's worth it. Plus, in a farm system as strong as the Yankees', the value of such depth comes not only from the players that end up in New York, but from the returns in trade. Not to mention, Castro was considered below-average defensively, according to the metrics.

I'm not a Yankees fan, in fact I wanted the Phils to do something similar with similar assets. But I consider this a great move by the Yanks. So much so that I wonder if Jeter might not be a double agent secretly working for the NY mafia...

Well, if it results in even one championship, it's worth it. Plus, in a farm system as strong as the Yankees', the value of such depth comes not only from the players that end up in New York, but from the returns in trade. Not to mention, Castro was considered below-average defensively, according to the metrics.

I'm not a Yankees fan, in fact I wanted the Phils to do something similar with similar assets. But I consider this a great move by the Yanks. So much so that I wonder if Jeter might not be a double agent secretly working for the NY mafia...
Stanton is below average defensively according to the metrics. Judge is also.

The Red Sox nation butthurt all over twitter right now has made my weekend and its 9:00am Saturday !!
Not butthurt at all. I hated the Red Sox team last year and thought the Yankees were better.
You guys are finally using the money.
No bitterness. Sox ownership is more interested in being PC and offended about Yawkey Way.
The pathetic fans who aren’t pissed with ownership being PC and about improving the team suck.
Sox fans suck now.
You guys got a good one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online