2018 Yankees Thread... | Page 104 | Syracusefan.com

2018 Yankees Thread...

Checkmate, B(l)o(w)sox.

You realize of course that you need to win more than 1 game in the next "series" right? And we've taken Happ down once already this year. He's due for another.

Seriously though, I see he's 1 and 1 this year in 4 starts against the Sox. I am too lazy to figure out the outcomes of those other two games. Anyone?

You realize of course that you need to win more than 1 game in the next "series" right? And we've taken Happ down once already this year. He's due for another.

Seriously though, I see he's 1 and 1 this year in 4 starts against the Sox. I am too lazy to figure out the outcomes of those other two games. Anyone?
1-1 & 1.99 and 2-0 & 1.90 last year.

Just 2 weeks ago he left 1-0 game in the 6th the Yankees won 3-2 with Green.

The other game was as a blue jay. Ask the canadian here.

It didn't matter who they named as starter, it was checkmate no matter what.

This series is like an NBA series where home court matters too much.
Home team has all the pressure in every game of the series.
Yankees hitters know all the Red Sox pitchers.
Red Sox hitters know all the Yankees pitchers.

Can't stand how biased NPR is.

In favor of the Red Sox.
Two concepts enter here:
1. By rooting for the Dead Sux you're made an honorary graduate of Harvard or MIT, as appropriate. Or, you at least osmose the intellectual acumen of one of their graduates.

2. A major contributor, if not the guiding force, of NPR is WGBH in Boston.

Refreshing. The anti-Bird.
Voit after a win when he contributed...I don’t know how long I’ll play this game.

Bird after a regular season loss, when he sucked...and K’d in a big moment...I don’t care, I got 5 to 6 thousand more at bats coming.

Nice Post cover

vmaqlCU.jpg

This series is like an NBA series where home court matters too much.
Home team has all the pressure in every game of the series.
Yankees hitters know all the Red Sox pitchers.
Red Sox hitters know all the Yankees pitchers.

Sounds fine to me (no crap to you).

Going against Sale is tough no matter who's pitching for NYY. Sacrifice Happ in Game 1 for better pitching matchups in Games 2, 3.

Gotta love baseball. Watch his run to first. Slower than molasses and he didn’t pull up at all. They wanted the bald guy in to run. It’s like a Louisville cramp. Comical.

Stanton's last AB is what annoys me about baseball today. They're coached to look for a certain pitch in a certain situation and won't swing if they don't get it. It almost seems they'd rather strike out looking than swing at a pitch they don't like. Seriously, he's got 211 strikeouts this year and he looked at three straight goddam pitches in the 9th down a run. I still love the game, but I'm getting tired of the way it's being played anymore.

Last edited:
Gotta love baseball. Watch his run to first. Slower than molasses and he didn’t pull up at all. They wanted the bald guy in to run. It’s like a Louisville cramp. Comical.
Is this a serious post?
Unfortunately, it is. Baseball is loaded with this crap. That and the meaningless statistics they cite are why I hate seamheads. WAR? Just watch the forking game and shut up!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom