2018 Yankees Thread... | Page 105 | Syracusefan.com

2018 Yankees Thread...

Unfortunately, it is. Baseball is loaded with this crap. That and the meaningless statistics they cite are why I hate seamheads. WAR? Just watch the forking game and shut up!
Don't even get me started on WAR.

Unfortunately, it is. Baseball is loaded with this crap. That and the meaningless statistics they cite are why I hate seamheads. WAR? Just watch the forking game and shut up!

I don't even know what WAR is, but I get annoyed at the meaningless "exit velocity" crap. It's a stat invented by the technocrats and has no sensible application to anything to do with the game.

Is this a serious post?

I took it to mean the guy doesn't follow baseball much. My guess is he doesn't know Sanchez was told not to aggravate an injured groin by running to first like Usain Bolt; and has no idea that Brett Gardner is one of the fastest players and better base-runners on the game. So I guess he doesn't like baseball because he doesn't understand it.

I took it to mean the guy doesn't follow baseball much. My guess is he doesn't know Sanchez was told not to aggravate an injured groin by running to first like Usain Bolt; and has no idea that Brett Gardner is one of the fastest players and better base-runners on the game. So I guess he doesn't like baseball because he doesn't understand it.

Yeah, but it was Hicks. I couldn't tell if his premise was that the Yankees were faking a cramp injury to slow down the Red Sox pitching pace?

Or that the Yankees were pinch running for their #3 hitter, in the 4th inning, with only that one baserunner, and down 5 runs.

So confused.

Yeah, but it was Hicks. I couldn't tell if his premise was that the Yankees were faking a cramp injury to slow down the Red Sox pitching pace?

Or that the Yankees were pinch running for their #3 hitter, in the 4th inning, with only that one baserunner, and down 5 runs.

So confused.

Didn't they bring in Gardner to run for Hicks after he pulled up lame at first? (I was on the way home from the pub when that happened)

edit: I get it now, he was talking about Hick's hobbling to first (when his hammy tightened up), not Sanchez.

That and the meaningless statistics they cite are why I hate seamheads. WAR? Just watch the forking game and shut up!
The defensive measurement that goes into WAR is still extremely flawed. I do find value in advanced stats that attempt to control for luck (e.g., wOBA, wRC+). None of these stats should be treated as a single indicator of a player's success, but each can be one of several measurements to use when evaluating a player.

I am puzzled that so many reject additional information, but it is fitting in Trump's America.

Last edited:

So confused.
You mean to say Hicks can’t re-enter the game later on?

You mean to say Hicks can’t re-enter the game later on?

He has to sit out the rest of that inning.

If only college football could adopt such a rule.

He has to sit out the rest of that inning.

If only college football could adopt such a rule.
I thought that only happened if his helmet fell off running to first.

Sorry. SU game has me crazy. Plus last nights bases loaded fiascos.

I thought that only happened if his helmet fell off running to first.

Sorry. SU game has me crazy. Plus last nights bases loaded fiascos.

That's only for Nunee.

I’m literally going to get the same meal I got take out from before the wild card. Must. Win.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom