2018 Yankees Thread... | Page 107 | Syracusefan.com

2018 Yankees Thread...

Tanaka was Tom Terrific tonight. Totally. :)

Everyone will remember and talk about the three HR's but Tanaka was marvelous. And Betances did his part as well. Two runs over seven in Fenway was outstanding work. They took all the air out of the fans after the HR's quieted them.

And Gardner was back to his usual self. Four plate app's, 27 pitches, two walks, and solid in the OF with three nice running catches. How many teams can lose an Aaron Hicks and not miss a beat?

I know I'm three days late here, and Tanaka pitched well, but he was given about 6 inches extra on the bottom of his strike zone all game that wasn't afforded to Sox pitchers.

I know I'm three days late here, and Tanaka pitched well, but he was given about 6 inches extra on the bottom of his strike zone all game that wasn't afforded to Sox pitchers.
About time the Yankees get some pay back for all the ankle high called strikes on Judge the last 2 years.

About time the Yankees get some pay back for all the ankle high called strikes on Judge the last 2 years.

He's got a big strike zone. Big man, big zone.

And I have to say, I've never noticed that, but I'll watch tonight for that.

He's got a big strike zone. Big man, big zone.

And I have to say, I've never noticed that, but I'll watch tonight for that.
Not so much recently. Pitchers are going outside on him now. And of course up and in since the wrist injury.

Not so much recently. Pitchers are going outside on him now. And of course up and in since the wrist injury.

I saw a lot of that last night.

Everyone hit the ball hard. Everyone.

Severino needs a therapist.

Lance Lynn brought in with the bases loaded. Starters always do so well in those situations.

That doddering corpse of a pitching coach needs to go.

Boone is feeling the heat. Don't like the idea of benching Andujar for Walker. It seems to reek of desperation. Yeah, Walker gives you another lefty bat tonight, but he's not a huge upgrade in the field and is certainly no upgrade at plate, and it sends a bad signal to a kid who had a consistently great season.

Boone is feeling the heat. Don't like the idea of benching Andujar for Walker. It seems to reek of desperation. Yeah, Walker gives you another lefty bat tonight, but he's not a huge upgrade in the field and is certainly no upgrade at plate, and it sends a bad signal to a kid who had a consistently great season.
Andujar has had a great season but he is struggling. I'll wait a few innings before disagreeing with this move.

Good grief, Angel Hernandez is a disaster. First two pitches to Bogearts: misses a pitch at the top of the zone for a ball, then equalizes with a pitch 3" inside for a strike. So the count was right, but that's two bad calls, not just one.

Andujar has had a great season but he is struggling. I'll wait a few innings before disagreeing with this move.
It's Neil Walker, not Graig Nettles he's putting in there. Just don't like it.

Porcello is going 0-2 on everyone and CC is walking the #9 hitter with 2 outs and Mookie up next.

You wonder why I drink.

I hope this post doesn’t age well.

CC is a shadow of his former self. I haven't questioned Boone thus far, but I winced last night when he brought in Lynn in relief and it was obvious by that CC had to be going tonight.

The Basketball: A Love Story is a lot more interesting.

Good grief, Angel Hernandez is a disaster. First two pitches to Bogearts: misses a pitch at the top of the zone for a ball, then equalizes with a pitch 3" inside for a strike. So the count was right, but that's two bad calls, not just one.
Wow, a rare criticism from Cow on an official. I like it

That Ryan Brasier story they told was so uplifting!

A journeyman who at 31 suddenly started throwing in the high 90s after coming to the Red Sox! In the minors since 2013, over to Japan, in the minors over there, and then, joins the Red Sox and learns to throw high 90s! It's a miracle! It's a David Ortiz like miracle! :)

I don't know much of his story - that was just a funny version by Darling. Sounded a tad sketchy the way it was told.

Not surprised stanton and Sanchez don’t get the big hit

Sanchez with a great at bat but with the bases loaded 1 out only giving up 1 run is a win

Ugh what a tease

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom