2018 Yankees Thread... | Page 45 | Syracusefan.com

2018 Yankees Thread...

Would a package like Bird/Drury/Florial/minor league pitching prospects that are not Sheffield get DeGrom from the Mets?
I'd sign up for that, but I don't think the Mets would. Maybe some of the Mets fans here will weigh in.

I'd sign up for that, but I don't think the Mets would. Maybe some of the Mets fans here will weigh in.
Yeah I'm not really sure what the Mets want or think they need.

Yeah I'm not really sure what the Mets want or think they need.
I would think they would want at least two position players they could slot into their lineup (not sure if Bird and Drury would do it for them, given their injury histories), a top pitching prospect to replace deGrom in the rotation, and several other high-end prospects to help restock their farm system. The Yanks could obviously provide all of that if the sides were interested in making a deal.

Man, Torres is such a good hitter. Just gifted. It's awesome watching him figuring out the pitcher. There's something that goes on in his head when he's at bat that few in the world are capable of.

I thought there was a rule about how long a pitcher can take between pitches. This guy is brutal.

I thought there was a rule about how long a pitcher can take between pitches. This guy is brutal.
Pitch clock coming next year to MLB

Met fan here. I don’t think the Mets go for that deal. Let’s pretend for a minute the Wilpons don’t despise the Yankees. I don’t believe they would want injury prone players with all the injuries piled up on their own team season after season. The biggest reason though is deGrom still has three years on his contract left. If his contract were expiring, they might go for this. He’s not a rental though. I feel the Mets want a big time player/prospect in return. The Yankees won’t give up those types of players. Therefore, I think the chances are good at not seeing deGrom in pinstripes. I’m looking at this from the Mets point of view. I personally want to see deGrom traded because we desperately need to rebuild for the future.

Met fan here. I don’t think the Mets go for that deal. Let’s pretend for a minute the Wilpons don’t despise the Yankees. I don’t believe they would want injury prone players with all the injuries piled up on their own team season after season. The biggest reason though is deGrom still has three years on his contract left. If his contract were expiring, they might go for this. He’s not a rental though. I feel the Mets want a big time player/prospect in return. The Yankees won’t give up those types of players. Therefore, I think the chances are good at not seeing deGrom in pinstripes. I’m looking at this from the Mets point of view. I personally want to see deGrom traded because we desperately need to rebuild for the future.
You thinking they don't consider Florial a big time prospect?

You thinking they don't consider Florial a big time prospect?

I’m saying the Mets are incredibly stubborn and won’t give deGrom to the Yankees unless Torres is included in the deal. He won’t be so there will be no trade. I hope I’m wrong as I agree with you about Florial. The Mets management is a joke. I don’t trust them to make the right moves.

I’m saying the Mets are incredibly stubborn and won’t give deGrom to the Yankees unless Torres is included in the deal. He won’t be so there will be no trade. I hope I’m wrong as I agree with you about Florial. The Mets management is a joke. I don’t trust them to make the right moves.
Gotcha. They won't be happy with anything but Torres because they know that's what the Yankees won't give up.

Productive thinking.

It might be a tad premature to say this on 6/16/18 (insert JB joke), but I think we are not very far removed from when the Yankees would not even dream of trading Torres for Degrom straight up.

Re: the hypothetical trade, Drury is immaterial; He's flotsam, jetsam, or both; Florial I don't foresee as a Yankee, assuming they hold on to Frazier, as Judge and Stanton are going nowhere for a decade, Ellsbury would need to be waived (possible), and Hicks is still in favor for now, and Harper is still an option for next year. I assume Gardner moves on after this year. As a Yankee fan, I would not give up on Bird mid-season. He's the only true 1B on the roster, and likely a key component in their long-term plans. Any money required to get a solid 1B in free agency in the off-season would impair their efforts to get a Machado. With so many very good teams in the AL, I'd prefer to hold on to the trade pieces and load up in 2019. I think there is still plenty of talent to win with the roster as-is, assuming Tanaka comes back healthy.

It might be a tad premature to say this on 6/16/18 (insert JB joke), but I think we are not very far removed from when the Yankees would not even dream of trading Torres for Degrom straight up.

Re: the hypothetical trade, Drury is immaterial; He's flotsam, jetsam, or both; Florial I don't foresee as a Yankee, assuming they hold on to Frazier, as Judge and Stanton are going nowhere for a decade, Ellsbury would need to be waived (possible), and Hicks is still in favor for now, and Harper is still an option for next year. I assume Gardner moves on after this year. As a Yankee fan, I would not give up on Bird mid-season. He's the only true 1B on the roster, and likely a key component in their long-term plans. Any money required to get a solid 1B in free agency in the off-season would impair their efforts to get a Machado. With so many very good teams in the AL, I'd prefer to hold on to the trade pieces and load up in 2019. I think there is still plenty of talent to win with the roster as-is, assuming Tanaka comes back healthy.
I just feel like one of Sanchez, Stanton or Judge will end up at first sooner rather than later.

Agreed. The NYM will never trade deGrom to the NYY unless the return is so incredibly attractive that they can't walk away from it.

Giovanny Gallegos will be the 26th man for tonight's 2nd game.

Chad Green will resume Game 1.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom