2018 Yankees Thread... | Page 83 | Syracusefan.com

2018 Yankees Thread...

Not until his headaches go away.

Whose next as far as outfield and or 1b depth? Florial is no where close and it seems we traded away most of the fringe guys or guys who were close to the big leagues ie Austin, McKinney, Fowler amongst others. I guess maybe Mike Ford could DH or play 1B.

Hope Severino can get straightened back out again because it's hard to feel overly confident about him in a 1 game playoff right now.

Whose next as far as outfield and or 1b depth? Florial is no where close and it seems we traded away most of the fringe guys or guys who were close to the big leagues ie Austin, McKinney, Fowler amongst others. I guess maybe Mike Ford could DH or play 1B.

I'd like to see Ford get a chance. He's from a few miles away from where I live in central NJ. Was a pitcher and OFer at Princeton U and has racked up some decent minor league stats. Has some good power.

Another kid from my area in the NYY system who I actually coached in LL is Ben Ruta. He skipped high A ball to start the season and played in AA Trenton for about a month cuz of injuries. Hit over .300 (but no HRs) in Trenton when he was sent down to Tampa cuz some injured players returned to Trenton. Lately he has been tearing it up in Tampa. Has hit for power (eight dingers) and has stolen 34 bases btw Tampa and Trenton. Now has an OPS around .800. Watch out for this kid, I have a feeling he's going to be in the bigs in 2-3 years. He can rake. Played OF all season but very recently they moved him to 1B. Drafted out of Wagner in the 30th round.

The bottom 4 of the yanks lineup today yikes

Neil Walker 0-3 - Batting .218
Greg Bird 0-3 - Batting .212
Higashioka 1-2 - Batting .170
S. Robinson 0-2 - Batting .129

Tyler Austin we speak your name.

The bottom 4 of the yanks lineup today yikes

Neil Walker 0-3 - Batting .218
Greg Bird 0-3 - Batting .212
Higashioka 1-2 - Batting .170
S. Robinson 0-2 - Batting .129

Tyler Austin we speak your name.

Only 3 people in the entire lineup with an average above .260.

Only 3 people in the entire lineup with an average above .260.

Obviously getting Judge and Sanchez back will help a ton but Sanchez is only slight above .200 himself. This team needs additional reinforcements if at all possible. Frazier would help but getting another infielder who can hit somewhere close to average would be great because Walker and Bird have been awful. 1st base is a major concern next year and beyond. Torres really seems to be struggling right now as well.

Well bases loaded nobody out in the ninth with Bird up, lets see where this goes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom