2018 Yankees Thread... | Page 87 | Syracusefan.com

2018 Yankees Thread...

We need to be scouting the waiver wire for a 1B.

Daniel Murphy would’ve been great, I’ll take Zimmerman.

But look at Smoak or even Joey Bats.

Someone, no more Bird.

We need to be scouting the waiver wire for a 1B.

Daniel Murphy would’ve been great, I’ll take Zimmerman.

But look at Smoak or even Joey Bats.

Someone, no more Bird.

Bird cannot lay off 50 foot pitches.

Curse of being second best, yet a one game wild card team cost the Yanks on Murphy.

Bird cannot lay off 50 foot pitches.

Curse of being second best, yet a one game wild card team cost the Yanks on Murphy.
I hadn’t seen someone take a knee in the batters box since Reggie.

But he was a legit threat for 40 homeruns so whatever.

Bird is barely a threat for 40 tipped foul balls.

I'm frustrated with him also, but his performance was better when he had a healthy team around him. Luke Voit sure isn't the answer either. Shoulda kept Holliday. Whaddaya gonna do?

It’s time for this team to snap out of it.

It’s all Bird’s fault. He thinks he’s got another 7,000 ABs coming, so who cares if he makes an out??

Hey arsehole, you may not have 700ABs left if u keep this pace up.

I want to see some fire out of him...some of this...

1535140765358.gif

It’s time for this team to snap out of it.

It’s all Bird’s fault. He thinks he’s got another 7,000 ABs coming, so who cares if he makes an out??

Hey arsehole, you may not have 700ABs left if u keep this pace up.

I want to see some fire out of him...some of this...

View attachment 137942
Yes, I am sure he is failing because he does not care enough.

Oh please.

Here comes the Bird support team.
I do believe in having patience with players, particularly for those that have already demonstrated their talents.

I also think the suggestion that a player is underperforming because of indifference is among the most primitive of sports fan takes. You would be a perfect WFAN caller.

I’m so glad twitter allows you to put an accent over an “e” when required. Otherwise that would have been an awkward Didi tweet.

It’s pretty bad when Bird strikes out in a road game and all you can hear is Booooo.

It’s pretty bad when Bird strikes out in a road game and all you can hear is Booooo.
I've been in the DC-Balto area since the 80s. Our circle of friends would go see Dem Ows (that's really not 100% how they say it, but I don't know how to duplicate it in writing) play the Yanks, Dead Sux and Tigers. My favorite kind of game for the Yanks playing Dem Ows was a day where it looked like it would rain. The Yankee fans would be there no matter what because it was one of the few times they'd be in town. The Ows fans would stay home because there were 81 home games. Those games were Bronx south.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom