2018 Yankees Thread... | Page 89 | Syracusefan.com

2018 Yankees Thread...

explain your touched bird nerve.
I feel no love for Bird and I agree that he has been bad. I think it's lame to allege that an athlete doesn't care, not because it hurts somebody's feelings, but because it is just a moronic take.

There are different mental approaches. Paul O'Neill reportedly wallowed in his failures. He used it to motivate himself, which worked for him. Others, like Derek Jeter, tried to maintain perspective and a positive attitude. They remind themselves that tomorrow is another day. When Bird talked about having many future opportunities to redeem himself, I believe that was the perspective he was taking. Gorillas in the Yankee fan universe interpret that as him not caring.

I feel no love for Bird and I agree that he has been bad. I think it's lame to allege that an athlete doesn't care, not because it hurts somebody's feelings, but because it is just a moronic take.

There are different mental approaches. Paul O'Neill reportedly wallowed in his failures. He used it to motivate himself, which worked for him. Others, like Derek Jeter, tried to maintain perspective and a positive attitude. They remind themselves that tomorrow is another day. When Bird talked about having many future opportunities to redeem himself, I believe that was the perspective he was taking. Gorillas in the Yankee fan universe interpret that as him not caring.
Not really good at this sarcasm and poking fun at celebrities when they’re down and say or do stupid things are you??

I men a lot of that should just be assumed and lot of what Bird has done...and now said, is laughable and needs to be pointed out as such.

And if by ‘Gorillas’ you mean Bob Lorenz Jack Curry, Sweeney, the Dynamic Duo of radio John & Suzyn, Mike, Michael Kay, Boomer and Gio, Joel Sherman, Ken Davidoff then ok.

But if you gorillas you mean Sal, Vinny, Tony, Joey and Vito from the Bronx...well, they’re right too.

Note to self, Donnie takes posts here way too seriously.

It’s deja vu all over again...

I think Tyler Austin’s dad is in awe of Voit now.

Not really good at this sarcasm and poking fun at celebrities when they’re down and say or do stupid things are you??

I men a lot of that should just be assumed and lot of what Bird has done...and now said, is laughable and needs to be pointed out as such.

And if by ‘Gorillas’ you mean Bob Lorenz Jack Curry, Sweeney, the Dynamic Duo of radio John & Suzyn, Mike, Michael Kay, Boomer and Gio, Joel Sherman, Ken Davidoff then ok.

But if you gorillas you mean Sal, Vinny, Tony, Joey and Vito from the Bronx...well, they’re right too.

Who is this "Mike" fella you speak of?

I wanted to throw my TV to the ground when Higashioka swung at that inside pitch on 3-1, from a pitcher who had thrown 11 balls and 1 strike at that point of the inning.

Red light red light red light.

Good grief, that was depressing.

2gpeqh.jpg

What do you mean Dynamic Duo!!!???

If Bird wasn’t making this thread interesting that play can’t help.
Bird makes Kevin Maas look like Lou Gehrig.

Sorry to offend the bird patrol...

;)

Needed that finish. Have to beat the bad teams and it had all the makings of dropping 2 in a row.

I loved watching Didi as Walker was rounding the bases. He’s the ultimate team guy, even while injured and probably so frustrated. He just leads the charge.

Next mission, get Stanton that 300th HR. Him in mental block mode with Judge out is less than ideal.

I like Neil Walker. He (and AH) just made last night a little less unacceptable.

Edit: and Betances gets the win. Great. Anything that can help boost his confidence is a bonus.

Last edited:
Different era, they said.

Caught this on the White Sox game last night: there's a good chance Giancarlo Stanton's strikeouts this year will top the combined total of the highest strikeout years of Ruth, Gehrig and Dimaggio combined.

Different era, indeed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diamondmakr

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom