2018 Yankees Thread... | Page 88 | Syracusefan.com

2018 Yankees Thread...

Nice job today, Sonny Gray. :) Jeez I really want him to right the ship.

And what the heck? Luke Voit is beginning to hit!

Keep it going, guys!

It’s pretty bad when Bird strikes out in a road game and all you can hear is Booooo.
We are not allowed to make fun of Bird here.

He tries his best and should be applauded for it.

He had a good month in 2015...and 1 game last October he hit homerun.

Leave Bird alone!!!...

1535258290980.gif

I still think Bird can be a part of the puzzle. We just need to have all the pieces on the table. I've been wrong before, but I'm not ready to give up on him yet. Voit has found his swing, so it's doable to give Bird a break, The pressure of trying to carry NYY without Judge and Sanchez was too much for him. Let him play his way back in. Hope I'm right.

I still think Bird can be a part of the puzzle. We just need to have all the pieces on the table. I've been wrong before, but I'm not ready to give up on him yet. Voit has found his swing, so it's doable to give Bird a break, The pressure of trying to carry NYY without Judge and Sanchez was too much for him. Let him play his way back in. Hope I'm right.
Nope, he is an “arsehole” with no fire. He should apologize to the children of New York.

Nope, he is an “arsehole” with no fire. He should apologize to the children of New York.
Now you’re getting it.

That was this worst self assessment interview in the history of sports, and he was rightfully ripped to shreds for it.

We will now return you to your regularly scheduled Bird 0-4 game with subpar defense.

Now you’re getting it.

That was this worst self assessment interview in the history of sports, and he was rightfully ripped to shreds for it.

We will now return you to your regularly scheduled Bird 0-4 game with subpar defense.
This reads like a presidential tweet.

I do believe in having patience with players, particularly for those that have already demonstrated their talents.

I also think the suggestion that a player is underperforming because of indifference is among the most primitive of sports fan takes. You would be a perfect WFAN caller.

I wish Cali was still around to toss around Bird trade possibilities

I don’t know how all this will play out but for one weekend it was comforting that the Yankees figured out how to beat Buck’s terrible team and that the Rays terrorized another really good team in the division.

What interview? KaiserUEO? donniesyracuse?
After striking out with less than 2 outs for the 50th time this year with the bases loaded and then proceeding to strike out again with runners in scoring position, he was asked in the postgame what it feels like to let your teammates down, he said he didn’t care because ‘he will get 5,6, likely 7000 more ABs to drive guys in.’

Myself, and of the Yankee Universe thought that was well, not a good answer...but the board here feels otherwise.

Shocker...

Bird:

“But it is what it is,” he said. “Turn the page and show up tomorrow . . . It’s no fun going out and not performing, but you just have to keep going, in anything in life, and that’s kind of what I fall back on always. Keep working, keep going, keep trying to figure it out and keep having fun. Keep playing. Keep playing the game.”

Unacceptable! Break water coolers or you obviously don’t care.

Racking my brain about who Andujar reminds me of hitting wise and I keep coming up with Roberto Clemente.

Racking my brain about who Andujar reminds me of hitting wise and I keep coming up with Roberto Clemente.
He's in striking distance of the AL rookie record for doubles.

Bird:

“But it is what it is,” he said. “Turn the page and show up tomorrow . . . It’s no fun going out and not performing, but you just have to keep going, in anything in life, and that’s kind of what I fall back on always. Keep working, keep going, keep trying to figure it out and keep having fun. Keep playing. Keep playing the game.”

Unacceptable! Break water coolers or you obviously don’t care.
THe only thing unacceptable is why that offended you so dearly and why u choose to keep defending a guy who in his last 120 game and 450 ABs is below the Mendoza Line.

The whole world ws calling the Yankees lifeless and soulless, and after the 1998 team we honored his quotes were a lightening stick and all the O’Neill memes started popping up.

I do one...and here you are a week later still going down with that ship. Why??

Please, why??

I really don’t get it.

Be happy I havnt called him Nick Johnson in 3 months.

THe only thing unacceptable is why that offended you so dearly and why u choose to keep defending a guy who in his last 120 game and 450 ABs is below the Mendoza Line.

The whole world ws calling the Yankees lifeless and soulless, and after the 1998 team we honored his quotes were a lightening stick and all the O’Neill memes started popping up.

I do one...and here you are a week later still going down with that ship. Why??

Please, why??

I really don’t get it.

Be happy I havnt called him Nick Johnson in 3 months.
Can somebody translate?

Voit had a great weekend in Baltimore

True, and I was glad to see it. But it was against the pitching staff of easily the worst team in baseball, on their way to one of the worst records ever. So I'm not getting too giddy just yet. But it was a good sign nonetheless.

edit: And maybe the upswing in Voit's performance will help encourage Bird to invest in improving his.

Last edited:
Something I did notice this weekend. Up until these games against the O's the media was talking about how Bird was the Yankees 1B...this weekend they talked about a platoon of Bird, Voit and Walker...depending on who is hot at the time. You didn't hear that a week ago...

It tells me the Yankees are finally losing patience in waiting for Bird to come around. Still have until Friday for the waiver trade deadline.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom