2018 Yankees Thread... | Page 90 | Syracusefan.com

2018 Yankees Thread...

All the Dead Sux fans on Morning Joe are starting to feel very uncomfortable. One of them said the Sux were going to end up in the Wild Card game and lose it 1-0. :cool:

All the Dead Sux fans on Morning Joe are starting to feel very uncomfortable. One of them said the Sux were going to end up in the Wild Card game and lose it 1-0. :cool:
Scarborough can riot. Barnacle is one of those stupid 1978 loser fans.
Most of my Yankees fan friends know the division is over barring the Yankees go on a 25-5 type run.
Since the series at Fenway we all knew the Yankees had a soft schedule till the West Coast trip.
Boston got swept in Tampa. Tampa isn’t a bad team. Boston went 5-5 at the Trop this year and are done completely with the Rays for the year:

The Yankees have gone 1-5 at the Trop. It’s not an easy spot to win.
If this division got tight then the Yankees ending the year at Tampa for 4 and at Fenway for 3 would be a killer ending.
Boston is going thru a normal cooling off period they have gone 4-6 in their last 10. Not worried about the division unless the Yankees go 5-1 on the west coast.

Scarborough can riot. Barnacle is one of those stupid 1978 loser fans.
Most of my Yankees fan friends know the division is over barring the Yankees go on a 25-5 type run.
Since the series at Fenway we all knew the Yankees had a soft schedule till the West Coast trip.
Boston got swept in Tampa. Tampa isn’t a bad team. Boston went 5-5 at the Trop this year and are done completely with the Rays for the year:

The Yankees have gone 1-5 at the Trop. It’s not an easy spot to win.
If this division got tight then the Yankees ending the year at Tampa for 4 and at Fenway for 3 would be a killer ending.
Boston is going thru a normal cooling off period they have gone 4-6 in their last 10. Not worried about the division unless the Yankees go 5-1 on the west coast.
You're lucky the board doesn't have a "whistling past the graveyard" emoji or I'd use it here. :cool:

25-5 won’t get it done for the Yanks, Boston needs to play 500 or worse for a month, you know, like every other baseball team in history but like 4 have done.

Most Yankee fans have pretty much resigned themselves to the wild card game. Except those of us who lived through August and September of 1978.

25-5 won’t get it done for the Yanks, Boston needs to play 500 or worse for a month, you know, like every other baseball team in history but like 4 have done.
Boston has 29 games left.
New York has 30 games.
Give the Yankees a 25-5 ending.
Boston would have to go 17-12 or worse for the Yankees to win the division by 1 game.
Now the odds the Yankees go 25-5 aren’t high but it could happen.
I could see Boston going 17-12 that is why I said 25-5 if you want the division.

Bucky lives ... :D

The Red Sox situation is fairly simple. Get Chris Sale back to full health. If he's at 100% they'll be fine. If he's not then they'll probably still win the AL East but doesn't really matter. They're not going anywhere in the postseason without a healthy Sale.

Boston has 29 games left.
New York has 30 games.
Give the Yankees a 25-5 ending.
Boston would have to go 17-12 or worse for the Yankees to win the division by 1 game.
Now the odds the Yankees go 25-5 aren’t high but it could happen.
I could see Boston going 17-12 that is why I said 25-5 if you want the division.

Another way of looking at is the NYY need to take at least five of their remaining six games with the Sox. Anything short of that is likely to insure a wild card game for NY.

Reading the replies to this tweet, I'm sensing a theme.

Wow. Harsh. They need a moderator over there. I wonder if Kaiser is available.

Some wonk on the line-up tweet responded that Boone isn't the one making the line-up decisions. :confused:

I'm gonna go ahead and say that the Yankees losing 2 of 3 to the lesser Sox, combined with the not lesser Sox scoring 11 runs in the 7th inning (without a home run mind you) is going to put a bow on this AL East race.

White Sox did impress me though. Some good young talent on that team. That 3rd baseman Sanchez looks like a gold glover. Rondon the lefty impressed me too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Teddy19

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom