2019-20 Baseball offseason | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

2019-20 Baseball offseason

Red Sox fans have had to deal with cheating scandals and a criminal who did bad things to children in the clubhouse twice in five years and now lose the franchise player over MONEY for PROSPECTS!? Embarrassing. The Yankees are laughing, as they should be.
Don't know anything about the clubhouse incident. The cheating scandal who knows how involved the red Sox are. The Betts deal is a bad one but you have 4 titles since Henry has been there. The coupons are the biggest disaster in sports.

As someone who has seen this team win multiple world series in recent years, and has also seen multiple stars walk with little or no compensation, and who never wanted Price in the first place, I am in 100% wait and see on this one...

John Henry is a terrible owner.
Go luck to Mookie in LA. I will be rooting for him to kill it out there.
Top 5 player in baseball.
Possibly 2nd but probably top 5.

Probably top 5.

No Dustin May in the deal.
Dodgers killed it.
Good job Henry. So good so good.

I think the Dodgers "prospect" is David Price's contract.

If we go with Maeda instead of Kershaw out of the pen in the 8th inning of game 5, we probably win that series and if we win that series we probably win it all. He came in and struck out the side, after Kershaw came in and gave up two homers to tie it. Guy was GREAT out of the pen late in the year. Was saying it at the time. Roberts blew it.

So we got two MVPs in the outfield? Alright then. Let’s go get it done.

John Henry is a joke.
He paid a good portion of Price’s contract and didn’t even get better prospects.

John Henry is a joke.
He paid a good portion of Price’s contract and didn’t even get better prospects.

Yeah, you probably didn’t get enough. But I think Verdugo will shine with an everyday role and 500+ at bats, and the prospect pitcher is intriguing.

light compensation for the sox, hope the tax savings are worth pissing off your fanbase

Price will prob do well in the NL and make the deal look worse

both the Dodgers and Twins got a lot better today

how much of the price contract are the sox covering? maybe next time don't spend all that money on an aging DH?

Oh Verdugo was present when 2 of his friends sexually assaulted a girl.
Good job John Henry way to trade the best player on the team for a scumbag.

Good this organization is such a joke.
I would take the Wilpons all day long over this elitist, PC, jack wagon ownership.

how much of the price contract are the sox covering? maybe next time don't spend all that money on an aging DH?
Red Sox didn’t get any elite prospects from the Dodgers and are paying half of Price’s salary.

Just so the 337th most wealthy person on Earth can save 20 million dollars in luxury tax spending when his team is raising ticket prices and they own their television network which is how you launder profits in baseball.

Red Sox didn’t get any elite prospects from the Dodgers and are paying half of Price’s salary.

Just so the 337th most wealthy person on Earth can save 20 million dollars in luxury tax spending when his team is raising ticket prices and they own their television network which is how you launder profits in baseball.

I’m sure the owner could have easily gotten 20 million from Sox fans who wanted to keep mookie by just starting a go fund me page

Henry need to trade Betts so he could give Ben Volin a raise.
1580913429928.gif

Ralph Wiggum Volin needs the help though.

Have to say, not going to be much fun watching my Sox next year. I loved watching Mookie play. He is a beast.

Maybe I’ll become a Dodgers fan now. My company hq is in SoCal and a friend is director of player development. So I’ve got that going for me.

This deal would be a little easier for me to stomach if I had any faith in the Red Sox making free agent signings. Maybe this is the wrong way to look at it but I grew hoping my dad and I would have the opportunity to celebrate a Red Sox title before he died and he is still here and not even 70 and we have won it 4 times. If you had told 12 year old me this I would have signed up for it all day long.

This deal would be a little easier for me to stomach if I had any faith in the Red Sox making free agent signings. Maybe this is the wrong way to look at it but I grew hoping my dad and I would have the opportunity to celebrate a Red Sox title before he died and he is still here and not even 70 and we have won it 4 times. If you had told 12 year old me this I would have signed up for it all day long.
John Henry cares about Liverpool more than the Red Sox.
Mookie is the best player the Red Sox have developed since Yaz or Dwight Evans.

Henry and his trophy wife are terrible.
Plus the other owner made a lot of money off Bill Cosby and Roseanne.
They hire monsters as clubhouse attendants.
The ownership needs to go.

John Henry is a joke.

So who's getting in line to pay an injury plagued pitcher a boatload of $$? The Sox were never going to get much for Price given his injury history and his contract.

Ever ask yourself why the NYY aren't into paying the luxury tax? And they've won one title in 20 years. You're over the top.

Betts is going to command something ridiculous - prolly $400 mil over 12 years. No thx.