2019-20 Baseball offseason | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

2019-20 Baseball offseason

Strasburg's two best pitches are his curve and his change up. He just needs to keep enough velocity on his fastball to make those pitches work.

Seems like a similar signing to Josh Donaldson. A bit of a market overpay to get a 1 year contract instead of 2 or 3. Nobody wants to pay players in their 30s anymore. Worked out great for the Braves last year, with Donaldson and I can see it being solid again.

I am out of the loop. What is the Buzz around Donaldson right now?
He wants a four-year deal.

Lol 9 years 324 million for a 29 year old power pitcher. Gerrit Cole to the Yankees.

They will in about two years.
Hopefully in 2 years the Mets will be throwing around Cohens billions.

This offseason has proven the Wilpons are as cheap as we thought they were. The single reason the Mets didn’t make the playoffs last year was their bullpen was the terrible. If the bullpen had performed just at the MLB average the Mets would have probably won the division and the Nats wouldn’t have even made the playoffs.Yet the Mets in their infinite wisdom will run back the exact same bull pen? W

I will say as a Mets fan I am happy they didn’t reup Wheeler for that price tag. The next big game he pitches well in will be his first. I hope Matz makes the leap next season to #3. My fear is that Stroman is going to fall off a cliff next season. Wacha and Porcello are good buy low bets for number 5s.

Still need bullpen help... I think they either need a 3b upgrade over Frazier or to move McNeil over there and get a good 2b. Rendon would have been an amazing signing for the Mets.

From a baseball perspective the next 5 years can’t happen fast enough.

Can somebody wake up the Dodgers and let them know the offseason has started and you can make moves.

Hope they panic and make a trade for David Price and Mookie Betts.

Still thinking about this Rendon thing...

The Rockies just say f it and pay Arenado a boatload of money to set the market for 3rd base, basically making sure the Nats and Rendon don't get a deal done last Spring Training.

Rendon puts up MVP #s and wins a World Series.

Arte Moreno has a team with pitchers that stink, finish 35 games outta first, and decides to bid against himself and spend a quarter of a billion dollars on one guy, instead or Ryu, MadBum, and maybe a Donaldson type with change left over.

And now the Rockies realize the Arenado contract, after one year, is an albatross and are open to trading him.

Baseball contracts can be really dumb.

Still thinking about this Rendon thing...

The Rockies just say f it and pay Arenado a boatload of money to set the market for 3rd base, basically making sure the Nats and Rendon don't get a deal done last Spring Training.

Rendon puts up MVP #s and wins a World Series.

Arte Moreno has a team with pitchers that stink, finish 35 games outta first, and decides to bid against himself and spend a quarter of a billion dollars on one guy, instead or Ryu, MadBum, and maybe a Donaldson type with change left over.

And now the Rockies realize the Arenado contract, after one year, is an albatross and are open to trading him.

Baseball contracts can be really dumb.
Nationals should have given Rendon what he got from the Angels and let Strasburg walk.
Rendon will provide more value for his contract. As he is a position player he has more value in the regular season.
Strasburg’s value is if you get to October.

Nationals should have given Rendon what he got from the Angels and let Strasburg walk.
Rendon will provide more value for his contract. As he is a position player he has more value in the regular season.
Strasburg’s value is if you get to October.

Nats spent a season negotiating with Rendon and apparently it went nowhere. Elite pitching is harder to find.

But Rendon - and Harper before him still passed up generational wealth for Scott Boras and won't win in their primes now.

John Henry is a terrible owner.
Go luck to Mookie in LA. I will be rooting for him to kill it out there.
Top 5 player in baseball.
Possibly 2nd but probably top 5.

I can’t find details and it’s driving me crazy. Who else are the Dodgers giving up besides Verdugo?

I can’t find details and it’s driving me crazy. Who else are the Dodgers giving up besides Verdugo?
I hope you guys gave up nothing.

Your owner wants to win. Red Sox owner cares about the luxury tax and hoping Boston sports fans like his team more than the Patriots.

John Henry is a terrible owner.
Go luck to Mookie in LA. I will be rooting for him to kill it out there.
Top 5 player in baseball.
Possibly 2nd but probably top 5.
Lol try having the coupons as your owners. You have world series trophies. We are stuck with these worthless cheapskates.

Lol try having the coupons as your owners. You have world series trophies. We are stuck with these worthless cheapskates.
Red Sox fans have had to deal with cheating scandals and a criminal who did bad things to children in the clubhouse twice in five years and now lose the franchise player over MONEY for PROSPECTS!? Embarrassing. The Yankees are laughing, as they should be.

I hope you guys gave up nothing.

Your owner wants to win. Red Sox owner cares about the luxury tax.

I am cautiously fired up - just hoping we didn’t give up too much. I love Verdugo but you gotta give up something obviously. As long as it’s not Lux or May, I’ll be elated.

Sounds like Joc Pederson to Angels. Not surprised. Will miss his pop.

No Dustin May in the deal.
Dodgers killed it.
Good job Henry. So good so good.