2019 MLB Playoffs thread | Page 17 | Syracusefan.com

2019 MLB Playoffs thread

Strasburg has to be the closer tonight right?
I go Dolittle 7th, Hudson 8th, Strasburg 9th.

Strasburg has to be the closer tonight right?
I go Dolittle 7th, Hudson 8th, Strasburg 9th.

On no days rest? Don't know if I have ever seen a starter come out of the pen on no rest (after a start). I suspect they go with Doolittle and Hudson but you never know. With that pen they can be desperate.

On no days rest? Don't know if I have ever seen a starter come out of the pen on no rest (after a start). I suspect they go with Doolittle and Hudson but you never know. With that pen they can be desperate.
Randy Johnson did it in 2001.
Johnson actually won 3 games in that series. Games 2 and 6 as a starter and he won game 7 in relief of Schilling who pitched 3 tremendous games in that series.
Schilling/Johnson were co-MVPs.

I think if Corbin keeps pitching well and putting up zeros, they may keep him in the rest of the way.

Johnson actually won 3 games in that series. Games 2 and 6 as a starter and he won game 7 in relief of Schilling who pitched 3 tremendous games in that series.

I must have been asleep in 2001. (That was a crazy work year for me at a firm)

I know the Nationals will take Corbin out, but when your pen is a mess, you need to keep riding that hot hand. IMO, mistake to take Corbin R vs L be damned.

They have Byung-Hyun Kim to thank. He almost single handedly extended that series to 7 games.

I wonder how much of his 330 million Bryce Harper would give up for the Nationals to lose this game?
He got his money but man this team winning without him shows baseball isn't about having those high price guys.
I can't remember the last big contract guy to actually pay off? I mean Manny Ramirez 8 years 160 million was definitely worth it for the Red Sox.
Maybe Mark Texieria's contract with the Yankees paid off they got 1 WS out of it.

I wonder how much of his 330 million Bryce Harper would give up for the Nationals to lose this game?
He got his money but man this team winning without him shows baseball isn't about having those high price guys.
I can't remember the last big contract guy to actually pay off? I mean Manny Ramirez 8 years 160 million was definitely worth it for the Red Sox.
Maybe Mark Texieria's contract with the Yankees paid off they got 1 WS out of it.

Mercenaries
CuseHulk

Leave Corbin in for the 9th. He’s cruising. He’s a starter, he can handle it. But have a righty and a lefty warming up.

The best bargain of all time was one Mr. David Ortiz. Guy delivered three world series titles and over a 14 year career with the Red Sox barely made over $10 million per year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom