2019 MLB Playoffs thread | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

2019 MLB Playoffs thread

Good to see New England is pragmatic. Plus we all love Dave Roberts forever.
EGDLdVdWsAA5oAx

yup. strasburg blew up robert's strategy last night

Yup. He was a monster. Dodgers just missed really getting to their pen.

Kershaw was ok, but we needed better than ok to match Strasburg. We needed this one to be 2-2 when the starters come out or something and let it become a battle of the bullpens.

guess you missed the part about historic regular season dominance
David Price is borderline HOFer.
Right now it would be 50/50.
He might not be Kershaw but he is in his league.
Price has a Cy Young and finishes top 3 in the CY Young 3 times.

All while pitching every year but 1.5 in the AL East.
Kershaw has pitched in the NL West.

Kershaw is the best pitcher of this generation but Verlander, Price, King Felix are all in his league.
Price until last year’s ALCS and WS was worse in the postseason.

FS1 is trying way to hard to bring in crowd noise... I assume its to liven up the broadcast, but it is very distracting, when much of the sound is just muddled noise because the microphones turned up loud all over the stadium.

I'm know the Yankees crowd is very loud... but just make it like a normal broadcast. We can get the energy that way.

The twins franchise is a joke.

What do you call a franchise who has won 1 world series over 14 tries in an 18 year period. (HINT - Not the Atlanta Braves)

What do you call a franchise who has won 1 world series over 14 tries in an 18 year period. (HINT - Not the Atlanta Braves)
Who? You said the twins would win the series.

The twins franchise is a joke.
They don’t have the payroll the Red Sox and Yankees do.
Detroit and Cleveland heck spend more traditionally.
The Twins just can’t beat the Yankees.
It’s a bad matchup for them. They don’t have the pitching to shut down a slugging lineup.
Everyone expected this result.
We are getting a heck of an ALCS if it’s Houston vs. New York.

The Yankees have the best lineup but suspect starting pitching.
Houston has the best all around AL team.

They wet themselves Everytime they see the yankees.

I’d save “joke” for a franchise like Baltimore. They’ve done almost nothing in like 25 years.
FS1 is trying way to hard to bring in crowd noise... I assume its to liven up the broadcast, but it is very distracting, when much of the sound is just muddled noise because the microphones turned up loud all over the stadium.

I'm know the Yankees crowd is very loud... but just make it like a normal broadcast. We can get the energy that way.

I wish ESPN would do that at the Dome for hoops games, rather than muting the crowd mics or whatever they do and making it sound like a PGA tour event.

You do realize that, based on their payroll, they shouldn't even be in the playoffs, right? Lowest payroll of all playoff teams. Not even in the top half of the league.

How do you come up with this stuff?
I'm talking about their playoff record and their track record against the yankees.

They don’t have the payroll the Red Sox and Yankees do.
Detroit and Cleveland heck spend more traditionally.
The Twins just can’t beat the Yankees.
It’s a bad matchup for them. They don’t have the pitching to shut down a slugging lineup.
Everyone expected this result.
We are getting a heck of an ALCS if it’s Houston vs. New York.

The Yankees have the best lineup but suspect starting pitching.
Houston has the best all around AL team.

Yeah, that Yankees lineup is just ridiculous with everybody healthy.

Houston too, except for that basic bigmouth Reddick.

Who? You said the twins would win the series.

I did. I thought it was a fairly even series that basically either team could win, with the Yanks as slight favorite. But went with the Twins because there are always typically some upsets in the playoffs.

I also think its dumb to use playoff results from between 8-15 years ago to make a prediction. Whether the Yanks win or not, those matchups from that long ago are irrelevant.

Anyway, I made a wrong prediction in a baseball series.
You called a team that just won 101 games a joke.
One is much sillier than the other.

I did. I thought it was a fairly even series that basically either team could win, with the Yanks as slight favorite. But went with the Twins because there are always typically some upsets in the playoffs.

I also think its dumb to use playoff results from between 8-15 years ago to make a prediction. Whether the Yanks win or not, those matchups from that long ago are irrelevant.

Anyway, I made a wrong prediction in a baseball series.
You called a team that just won 101 games a joke.
One is much sillier than the other.
They have lost 15 straight postseason games that's pretty bad.

They have lost 15 straight postseason games that's pretty bad.

They have played 1 post-season game in the past 8 years.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom