2019 NHL playoffs | Page 17 | Syracusefan.com

2019 NHL playoffs

No doubt. Had a good late career run with the Blues though.

I debated mentioning Shanahan, Al MacInnis, and Ktachuk. Probably Ktachuk would be a Blue first? I know Shanahan played for Detroit way longer, but he made his name with the Blues so that’s always tough(Mike Piazza is a DODGER, shutup Mets fans).

*Random note - as a kid I briefly hated the Blues because Glenn Anderson signed there and we traded Esa Tikkanen there for Petr Nedved(who I side-eyed hard that whole 95 season) after those two helped win the 94 cup.
Of that group, MacInnis was the choice.

I haven’t thought of the name Esa Tikkanen for a long time. I remember trading for him on Sega.

The Blues winning the Cup this year was one of the all-time great stories in pro sports. They had the worst record in the league in early January. An interim coach. A rookie goaltender. The long drought. A history of disappointment. Personal stories like Laila Anderson and Charles Glenn. And they capped it off by beating a team from Boston. Game 7. In their house.

What are some of the other all-time great stories? My mind - as you might expect - is clouded.

The Blues winning the Cup this year was one of the all-time great stories in pro sports. They had the worst record in the league in early January. An interim coach. A rookie goaltender. The long drought. A history of disappointment. Personal stories like Laila Anderson and Charles Glenn. And they capped it off by beating a team from Boston. Game 7. In their house.

What are some of the other all-time great stories? My mind - as you might expect - is clouded.

Definitely worth a 30-for-30; your post reads like a “what if I told you...”

BTW, St. Louis becomes the seventh city to win titles in all four major sports leagues, joining NYC, LA, Chicago, Philly, Boston, and Detroit.

If you want to include MLS, the list shrinks to LA and Chicago. (And St. Louis should have a team by the end of next month.)

Meant to post this amazing moment after it happened then forgot all about it. Brett Hull is sauced and breaks into “Gloria.” Also that Ric Flair drip shirt.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom