Class of 2019 - SG Brycen Goodine (MA) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 SG Brycen Goodine (MA) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
DC. And Ricky Jackson was a very good rebounder his senior year.
Why was Coleman such a terrific rebounder?
DC = Long arms + elite double jumper (ability to jump twice quickly)

Why was Coleman such a terrific rebounder?
DC = Long arms + elite double jumper (ability to jump twice quickly)
Also reading the ball of the rim or flight and moving your feet under the ball.

Impressive midrange game on display here. This kid has all the tools and shows some ability on the defensive end too. Impressive wingspan. Update: his dad tweeted to me that Brycen's wingspan is 77". That's great for a 6'4" guard.

Last edited:
Impressive midrange game on display here. This kid has all the tools and shows some ability on the defensive end too. Impressive wingspan. Update: his dad tweeted to me that Brycen's wingspan is 77". That's great for a 6'4" guard.

Watching on the john at work. Had to turn off the sound because the track could easily be mistaken for an 80's adult film. Not a good look.

Not gonna lie, he reminds me of Klay Thompson (shooting stroke, movements)

I see a combination of a bunch of guys. Hard to say yet.
Watching on the john at work. Had to turn off the sound because the track could easily be mistaken for an 80's adult film. Not a good look.

And I'm pretty sure his dad puts them together. LOL

Last edited:

Only saw a couple of MR shots, but they looked sweet ... including some stop and pops. Lots of 3's sprinkled in with passes for open looks. This is the challenge of trying to get to know a player via highlights. I keep thinking volume scorer (SG), but then he surprises me with a pass. Also, his coaches may be encouraging him to shoulder the scoring load (and why not). Lots to like about this young man ... with 2 more seasons before he gets to college. I mean, it's literally ridiculous how big his upside is.

Only saw a couple of MR shots, but they looked sweet ... including some stop and pops. Lots of 3's sprinkled in with passes for open looks. This is the challenge of trying to get to know a player via highlights. I keep thinking volume scorer (SG), but then he surprises me with a pass. Also, his coaches may be encouraging him to shoulder the scoring load (and why not). Lots to like about this young man ... with 2 more seasons before he gets to college. I mean, it's literally ridiculous how big his upside is.

And again, he will be 20 by the time he plays for SU. Lots of room to physically mature and put on those much needed pounds.

Eh, that's 6'5 on a 6'4 kid. Average, if that, for a basketball player. For example, Battle's are 6'8 on a 6'5 kid (TEAM USA Measurements). Moyer's supposedly got 7'2 on a 6'8 frame, and Frank Howard is 6'7 on a 6'4 frame. Cooney, on the other hand, was 6'3 wingspan and 6'4 height.

Eh, that's 6'5 on a 6'4 kid. Average, if that, for a basketball player. For example, Battle's are 6'8 on a 6'5 kid (TEAM USA Measurements). Moyer's supposedly got 7'2 on a 6'8 frame, and Frank Howard is 6'7 on a 6'4 frame. Cooney, on the other hand, was 6'3 wingspan and 6'4 height.

Yeah, you're probably right, in retrospect. Arms look very long, maybe because they are rail thin.

according to the book The Sports Gene, the average wingspan to height ratio in American men is 1.01 to 1; that makes Brycen average if the reported numbers are accurate.
the average ratio for nba players is 1.06 to 1; brycen's wingspan would have to be 80.5 inches on a 6-4 frame to meet that
but of course we don't know for sure if either the height or the wingspan measures are accurate

according to the book The Sports Gene, the average wingspan to height ratio in American men is 1.01 to 1; that makes Brycen average if the reported numbers are accurate.
the average ratio for nba players is 1.06 to 1; brycen's wingspan would have to be 80.5 inches on a 6-4 frame to meet that
but of course we don't know for sure if either the height or the wingspan measures are accurate

He might be 6'3". Wingspan is accurate.

He might be 6'3". Wingspan is accurate.

Is Brycen being told and/or groomed as a PG even something plausible or doable? Does he have that potential? He looks like a really smooth combo/SG to me. More on the SG side. Looks good for sure.

Is Brycen being told and/or groomed as a PG even something plausible or doable? Does he have that potential? He looks like a really smooth combo/SG to me. More on the SG side. Looks good for sure.

He told me he played nothing but PG for BABC this past AAU season. I agree with you. We will see what happens at St. Andrew's this year.

He told me he played nothing but PG for BABC this past AAU season. I agree with you. We will see what happens at St. Andrew's this year.
also, i believe he has equivalent and maybe a little more experience running point than MCW had going into junior season

Looks like he will be a menace at the top of the zone with that length. His offense is great as well. Great get. Love his quick release, and shot.

Jb has a good track record of grooming combo guards & PG's. Dion, MCW, Silent G, BTriche, even going back to Z Sims, Michael(?) Lloyd, & not to mention a failed attempt at turning Devo into a PG one year, mostly due to injuries on the team.
This ain't their first rodeo- if they think he fits the mold, all faith in JB & staff.

Transferring sure worked out well for him.

image-showing-crashing-passenger-plane-mid-air-complete-smoke-trail-fire-engine-perfect-image-illustrating-aviation-disaster-note-29824790.jpg
In all fairness Mike Jones sat in my section for some football games and he was reading and doing school work while there. Was surprised at first when he failed out as seemed to be putting some effort in and he was the only BB player I saw doing work during football games. Could be he was just learning disable and no one caught on in time. A product of a poor educational state?

The only way I remember is he was the only one that did class work ever...now if more did,it would be a long forgotten thought.

In all fairness Mike Jones sat in my section for some football games and he was reading and doing school work while there. Was surprised at first when he failed out as seemed to be putting some effort in and he was the only BB player I saw doing work during football games. Could be he was just learning disable and no one caught on in time. A product of a poor educational state?
He might have been doomed (academically) regardless. SU was above his pay-grade. Even SC was too much ... I think he left there for a community college somewhere. Either way, you can't be a student athlete without being able to survive as a student (at least at most legitimate programs).

The only way I remember is he was the only one that did class work ever...now if more did,it would be a long forgotten thought.

Hmm...I would think trying to do schoolwork at a football game wouldn't provide the best environment to get the job done well. Maybe a clue? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.