2019 Yankees Off Season / Spring Training Thread | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

2019 Yankees Off Season / Spring Training Thread

Not sure how I feel about this Britton announcement. He struggled a lot.
He will be fine.

How bad can he Fluck up the 7th and then the 6th if he’s does fail??

Good signing.

Old George’s biggest mistake in 2003 was going for Sheffield over Vladdy G.

Feeling like Machado/Stanton over Harper will be Hank’s fail.

Old George’s biggest mistake in 2003 was going for Sheffield over Vladdy G.

Feeling like Machado/Stanton over Harper will be Hank’s fail.
You can’t lump Stanton in there, they had to take that deal.

I can still see Harper as a Yankee, don’t want machado, we will see.

Can’t remember Vlad to the Yanks stories, but Sheff was a good Yankee.

I had seats down the 3rdbase to LF line 1 year, I...no lie, went to get a beer easily 80% of the times he came up.

Scared for my life.

You can’t lump Stanton in there, they had to take that deal.

I can still see Harper as a Yankee, don’t want machado, we will see.

Can’t remember Vlad to the Yanks stories, but Sheff was a good Yankee.

I had seats down the 3rdbase to LF line 1 year, I...no lie, went to get a beer easily 80% of the times he came up.

Scared for my life.

The way he would rock the bat while in the box and follow with a malevolent swing... that man had menacing intentions toward every pitch he saw.

Can’t blame you for getting a beer. Probably saved your life at least once.

I wouldn’t leave my living room or step away from the radio when he was up. Always had to be there for his AB’s. He was a bad, bad dude at the plate.
6FE56838-AACF-46A1-8F58-8408DB1D5CC6.gif

The way he would rock the bat while in the box and follow with a malevolent swing... that man had menacing intentions toward every pitch he saw.

I wouldn’t leave my living room or step away from the radio when he was up. Always had to be there for his AB’s. He was a bad, bad dude at the plate.
View attachment 149235
We may never see another stance and swing like that again.

View attachment 149235
One time there was a bachelor party who did it right and had 3 rows of 5 right on the aisle. I was on the aisle across from them and became a ‘hanger on’. In like the 5th, Sheff rocked one our way, 2 guys in the middle row had gone for beer, to piss...whatever. Everyone ducked, it hit 1 of the empty seats with slam like I’ve never heard, chipped it, and bounced off 2 guys in their 1st row in the head and shoulder. It was hysterical. Tons of great jokes. He’s coming up again in the 8th and they were all like, “Fluck this, he might kill 1 of us, they stopped selling beer anyway, let’s go.”

Needless to say, me and my crew left with them.

Sheff was bad dude is right...

Dave Winfield hit some hard line drives in his day as well. I was at the old Exhibition Stadium in Toronto for a Yankees - Blue Jays game. We were sitting in the left field stands about 10 rows back and Winfield hit a rope right at us. The ball hit the seat back a few rows ahead of us a went straight up in the air. Foolishly for a few seconds I thought I was going to make a bare handed grab. I can still remember the sound the ball made when it hit that seat. It had broken nose written all over it.

I only pray Machado to the yanks for the TV gold it’ll be during the first matchup with the sox. Hello old rivalry.

Stanton, Tulo, LeMahieu, Gardner, CC, Britton... I think they’re putting together my fantasy team from 2015.
Congratulations Yankee fans! Your owner thinks you are the f###ing Mets

It sure is a lot of right handed bats in that lineup.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom