2019 Yankees Off Season / Spring Training Thread | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

2019 Yankees Off Season / Spring Training Thread

I'm not shedding any tears about my team passing on Manny. Didn't need him. Fix Andujar's defense. But NYY should have been all in on Harper. Yankees history of success is built on left handed power. They don't have any now.

I'm not shedding any tears about my team passing on Manny. Didn't need him. Fix Andujar's defense. But NYY should have been all in on Harper. Yankees history of success is built on left handed power. They don't have any now.
I'm thrilled they didn't get into an albatross contract. They already have one in Stanton.

Just finished reading a third article about Andujar's horrible defense. I watched a lot of games last year and I didn't think it was horrible. Torres OTOH really struggled on defense.

Just finished reading a third article about Andujar's horrible defense. I watched a lot of games last year and I didn't think it was horrible. Torres OTOH really struggled on defense.
Rookies.

The Yankees have their second offseason reliever addition. According to Jeff Passan, the Yankees have agreed to a deal with Adam Ottavino. Robert Murray and Ken Rosenthal says it’s a three-year contract in the $25M range, which is a damn steal if correct.

I don't consider Long to be an "excellent hitter", but he projects to have some decent pop, good OBP, and I am sure this is the best Cashman could do with Gray. We received a good well rounded (although his defense is suspect) prospect, a top 40 draft pick for a guy who’s a FA after this yr, and probably wasn't going to help us in 2019.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom