2019 Yankees Thread... | Page 101 | Syracusefan.com

2019 Yankees Thread...

I'd like to see Tanaka get a complete game SO. I'm also a little iffy about Chapman coming in.

edit: 0 for 2 :rolleyes:

I hate to not have faith in a team I've had so much faith in all season, but I thought it was a forgone conclusion that Vlad was taking him deep. That at bat was painful.

Good on Chapman for getting out of it.

1-0 game...alot would claim that was boring..yet one of the more entertaining games all year. old time ball.

1-0 game...alot would claim that was boring..yet one of the more entertaining games all year. old time ball.
Might have to push to have the mound lowered if this stuff continues.

As great as DJ has been this year, one could legitimately argue that Urshela is having the better season both offensively and defensively. That just defies any explanation.

As great as DJ has been this year, one could legitimately argue that Urshela is having the better season both offensively and defensively. That just defies any explanation.
They are close according to Baseball Prospectus

DRC+ (Deserved Runs Created)
LeMahieu 130
Urshela 129

FRAA (Fielding Runs Above Average)
LeMahieu 6.2
Urshela 6.7

WARP (Wins Above Replacement Player)
LeMahieu 3.9
Urshela 3.0

LeMahieu has 471 plate appearances. Urshela has 338.

I hope they finish 1-2 in the supposedly meaningless batting average in the AL.

Right now, Gio is 24 plate appearances shy of qualifying. If my math is right, needs 160 PAs over the last 44 games. If he starts 40 of them, he should get there no problem.

I hate to not have faith in a team I've had so much faith in all season, but I thought it was a forgone conclusion that Vlad was taking him deep. That at bat was painful.

Good on Chapman for getting out of it.

I'm more concerned that our closer after going up 0-2, needed 11 more pitches to put him away. Yes, he got it done, but that was definitively unconvincing.

I'm more concerned that our closer after going up 0-2, needed 11 more pitches to put him away. Yes, he got it done, but that was definitively unconvincing.
I share your concern and agree, but you gotta give Vladdy some credit there, that was great at bat.

I don't think he ever went back to that high fastball that got it at 0-2.

Mark Wohlers says the same thing about the Jim Leyritz at bat in 1996. He can't catch up to my fastball so I'll fool him with the slider!

I share your concern and agree, but you gotta give Vladdy some credit there, that was great at bat.

He clearly shortened his swing. Those first two pitches were probably as hard as he's ever swung a bat.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom