2019 Yankees Thread... | Page 100 | Syracusefan.com

2019 Yankees Thread...

Was 14 pitches Kahnle’s pitch limit?

Schitty little squibber like that turns into a two run triple. He just threw his bat at it. Bad luck.

The Stanton move means he ain't coming back until after Aug 26 (which means he probably ain't coming back).

Gleyber must be OK or they'd keep Valera up.

The Stanton move means he ain't coming back until after Aug 26 (which means he probably ain't coming back).
I don’t understand why you’re drawing that conclusion. He has resumed baseball activities.

I don’t understand why you’re drawing that conclusion. He has resumed baseball activities.

He was placed on the DL on June 26.

Since he was just transferred to the 60 Day DL, he's ineligible to return for 60 days.

After which he can play for another week and get hurt again. :rolleyes:

Since he was just transferred to the 60 Day DL, he's ineligible to return for 60 days.

I thought DL stints can be applied retroactively?

I thought DL stints can be applied retroactively?

He went on the DL on April 1. He came off June 18.

He played from June 18-June 25.

Back on the DL June 26.

He can't be backdated any earlier than the 26th because he played.

Once you see game action, it has to be a brand new stint.

Gleyber must be OK or they'd keep Valera up.

Yeah, I'm assuming there will be no Stanton contribution this year. Even if he is ready on Aug 26, it's going to take him some time to get re-adjusted against real MLB pitchers.

And judging by the ice in his veins from last year's playoffs (Kimbrell throws about 12 balls in a row, and Stanton comes up and swings at the first pitch that was 5 feet outside), I think we're going to have to make due without him.

If he is eligible to come back on the 26th, why do you assume he isn’t coming back?

If he is eligible to come back on the 26th, why do you assume he isn’t coming back?

Poorly worded on my part.

The Yanks expect him back in Sept.

How long he stays healthy is another question.

Poorly worded on my part.

The Yanks expect him back in Sept.

How long he stays healthy is another question.

Switching guys to the 60 day DL doesn't typically mean they're ready at day 60. In fact, I wonder how often it works out that way? Seems like something you might do with a lesser player for some roster management, but not with a guys like Stanton.

So I thought your original post was probably legit.

Chapman hasn't pitched in a week.

You think he'll remember where the strike zone is?

Stupid. Should leave Tanaka in.

If we let Tanaka start the 9th and he gets in trouble, we can't bring Chapman in with a man on base. Let's see what Boone decides.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom