2019 Yankees Thread... | Page 39 | Syracusefan.com

2019 Yankees Thread...

I don't see the word "retirement" anywhere in that article. Did I miss it?

No they didn't mention that specifically but the article noted the fact that he's going home is bizarre and makes little sense.

Happ looks great. Offensively wouldn't mind if we tacked on a few more here.

Why not start the inning with Chapman? Cant bring him in with the bases loaded with his control issues

Didi coming.

Probably Tulo to 60 to make room.
With Gregorius back, we should see far less of Morales. The DH spot can be rotated among all of the regulars. The crunch for at-bats will happen when Stanton comes of the IL (if that ever actually happens). Hopefully, the Yankees will have to face that dilemma instead of having it sorted out for them with additional injuries.

With Gregorius back, we should see far less of Morales. The DH spot can be rotated among all of the regulars. The crunch for at-bats will happen when Stanton comes of the IL (if that ever actually happens). Hopefully, the Yankees will have to face that dilemma instead of having it sorted out for them with additional injuries.
I almost would have kept Estrada over Morales, but I totally understand the decision and reasoning.

Can someone explain to me why we have German throwing to Sanchez again when the DH spot was being occupied by Morales?

I think the contrast between German pitching to Sanchez and pitching to Austin has been pretty well documented. It’s not like we would be bumping some huge slugger out of the lineup to let Austin catch, plus Sanchez needs a day off a week anyways.

For a manager that is so analytical, this one is a head scratcher by Boone

Can someone explain to me why we have German throwing to Sanchez again when the DH spot was being occupied by Morales?

I think the contrast between German pitching to Sanchez and pitching to Austin has been pretty well documented. It’s not like we would be bumping some huge slugger out of the lineup to let Austin catch, plus Sanchez needs a day off a week anyways.

For a manager that is so analytical, this one is a head scratcher by Boone
Probably don’t want to burn a catcher in the dh spot. If Romine goes down and Sanchez has to catch you lose the dh. That said Morales has been nothing but dreadful. If Torres can go I’d put Didi at dh

Probably don’t want to burn a catcher in the dh spot. If Romine goes down and Sanchez has to catch you lose the dh. That said Morales has been nothing but dreadful. If Torres can go I’d put Didi at dh
Ok, worst case scenario (1-50 odds) we have to have a pitcher hit instead of Morales/Austin. Again, not seeing the downside.

The starting pitcher effectiveness is significantly more important than the 9 hole hitter choice.

This lineup leaves a lot to be desired. A few hits would be nice.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom