2020-21 ny mets thread | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

2020-21 ny mets thread

Carassco Lugo and Thor coming back is going to help a lot. I think eventually this team will hit. Sandy is going to need to get bullpen help. Shane Greene is out there.

Agreed. Lindor will get going soon enough as will Alonso. Little signs of life here and there and hopefully Nimmo's hot start keeps up.

Loup with a real nice inning there.
But Familia not so much... I've never seen hitters get hits off a pitcher with such weak contact as they do with Familia. He needs to continue throwing strikes and hope those weak hits turn to putouts.

But Familia not so much... I've never seen hitters get hits off a pitcher with such weak contact as they do with Familia. He needs to continue throwing strikes and hope those weak hits turn to putouts.

Yeah I could do without good ole JF.

Lol what is it about every freaking DeGrom outing ( another good one as expected) that seems to put the Mets bats to sleep? It's uncanny

Lol what is it about every freaking DeGrom outing ( another good one as expected) that seems to put the Mets bats to sleep? It's uncanny
I think a part of it is teams tend to lineup ace vs ace so the Mets get the other team‘s best pitcher when DeGrom is pitching more often than not. I also think it’s now in their heads and they try too hard when Jake is pitching.

The reality is the Mets suck at getting runners home... they have for years and this year seems no different.

I think a part of it is teams tend to lineup ace vs ace so the Mets get the other team‘s best pitcher when DeGrom is pitching more often than not. I also think it’s now in their heads and they try too hard when Jake is pitching.

The reality is the Mets suck at getting runners home... they have for years and this year seems no different.
Well I spoke somewhat too soon... way to pick up degrom. I will say the lead going into the bottom of the 7th should have been bigger. When you have 1st and 3rd with 1 out and heart of lineup coming up, there are ZERO excuses for not getting that guy on third home. Pete, in particular, seems to lose all plate discipline in these situations and get 3 runs with one swing. That nonsense needs to stop.

This will not be a popular take but I like 7 inning baseball. It probably is counter intuitive but 7 innings seems more pure. It takes a lot of the BS with the constant bullpen changes out of the game. Also because the game is shorter, it forces teams to be more aggressive.

Well I spoke somewhat too soon... way to pick up degrom. I will say the lead going into the bottom of the 7th should have been bigger. When you have 1st and 3rd with 1 out and heart of lineup coming up, there are ZERO excuses for not getting that guy on third home. Pete, in particular, seems to lose all plate discipline in these situations and get 3 runs with one swing. That nonsense needs to stop.

This will not be a popular take but I like 7 inning baseball. It probably is counter intuitive but 7 innings seems more pure. It takes a lot of the BS with the constant bullpen changes out of the game. Also because the game is shorter, it forces teams to be more aggressive.
I am very glad for Jacob. He deserved this comeback victory. Poor guy finally caught a break.

Nice to have pieces like Almora and Villar on the bench, So much more depth across the board on the team this season.

That depth will be put to the test in the second game tonight, Villar, Pillar and Nido all get starts. As well as little used to date starter Lucchesi.

I am very glad for Jacob. He deserved this comeback victory. Poor guy finally caught a break.

Nice to have pieces like Almora and Villar on the bench, So much more depth across the board on the team this season.

That depth will be put to the test in the second game tonight, Villar, Pillar and Nido all get starts. As well as little used to date starter Lucchesi.
This team is built for the king haul... but they need their big bats to show up a bit more consistently.

I will wait until we actually play a week or 2 of normal games before we can tell how the bats will turn out.. missed games and DHs dont really tell much..

Someone other than Nimmo needs to have a hot week. Feel like every bat is asleep no matter who pitches

has any player other than Nimmo even had 2-3 good swings in a game let alone 2 games in a row.

I guess deGrom counts since he is hitting like .600..

Jd Davis is becoming a liability at third.

I really like JD but I have zero issue swapping his playing time with Guillorme's. The left side of the infield D would take a meteoric rise and I don't really think offensively JD is much better

I really like JD but I have zero issue swapping his playing time with Guillorme's. The left side of the infield D would take a meteoric rise and I don't really think offensively JD is much better
Jd is better offensively and if he plays even average defense thats fine, if hes going to do what he did last night its going to be a huge problem, its become a Macky Sasser thing.

Jd is better offensively and if he plays even average defense thats fine, if hes going to do what he did last night its going to be a huge problem, its become a Macky Sasser thing.

JD giveth (the solo homer), JD taketh away (2 errors)

pete should have handled the 2nd one better.. I bet KH would have had something to say..